Chapter 16

Ugh...

I'm losing faith in my writing, guys. Haha, it took all of my willpower not to backspace this whole chapter and start again...

Still, let me know what you think! I appreciate every comment I get, whether it's 'ASDFGHJKL AMAZING' or just 'cool' or even 'i hated it omg stop writing now'.

...ok, I haven't got any comments like that last one yet. But if that's how you feel, then don't be afraid to tell me!

That's all for now. Enjoy! (I hope...)

X

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Unbearable? Out of all the words you could have used, you picked unbearable?"

"Rose," I sighed, "I don't think―"

"I've done so much for you since you started working at the hotel!" She interrupted me. "I helped you settle in, I introduced you to the hot pool lifeguards, I...I let you share my office!"

"Actually, that office was―"

"And how do you repay me? You call me unbearable." She let out a groan and came to a stop on the footpath, throwing her arms out by her sides. "Are you trying to kill me or something?"

"Keep walking, woman," I hissed, tugging on her arm. "People are staring." Even though I had attempted to disguise myself with a beanie and some old sunglasses, we were still receiving curious stares from the shoppers around us, and I knew the chances of one or more of them recognising me today were high.

Rose cocked an eyebrow at me, before finally giving in and letting me pull her along. I led her into a small clothes shop, where we hid behind a rack of cardigans and crouched down on the floor.

"Attention is the last thing I need right now," I sighed, pulling off my grey beanie and running a hand through my tangled hair. I peered out behind the cardigan rack to make sure we hadn't been followed, then I sat down on the tiles and shook my head exhaustedly.

"I guess that happens when you're dating a celebrity," Rose shrugged. Her voice was calm once again, but I didn't miss the greasy look she sent my way while she spoke.

"I already told you!" I cried. "We're not..." Another careful glance around the store. "Dating," I finished in a whisper. "I broke up with him last night."

"How the heck am I supposed to believe that?" She asked with wide eyes. "No one would break up with someone like Harry Styles, especially after only four days."

"Well...I just..." A strange, strangled noise escaped my throat. "It wasn't working out, okay? I just couldn't handle that kind of life."

Why couldn't I tell her the truth?! I wanted to, that's for sure, but every time I opened my mouth to tell her the real story... I just couldn't.