Chapter Twenty-Seven

Guys. It's over. This it it. The story has come to a close. And I've used up every bit of inspiration to do it. XD So if you want more, you should comment some nice things, ideas, and compliments and vote your asses off. Maybe there will be a sequel in the future... ;)  Maybe if we can get the story up in the watty awards. ;D
Anyway, I hope you guys really enjoyed the story and if you didn't, you should comment why. ;) 

Chapter Twenty-Seven
Come Away

 It's my birthday today.

My eyes shot open in the early morning and I could hear the snow falling outside my window. Rolling onto my side, I found Emily flat on her back, the covers shielding her bare skin, the dim sunlight shining on her face. Propping my arm up, I leaned my head into the palm of my hand staring at Em's peaceful face. She was probably at her best when she was like this. To be honest, I'm surprised I woke before her. 

Emily kept boasting last night that I would wake to the most romantic and amazing birthday I've ever had. It seems that staying up late and drinking that Pepsi was a mistake on her part! Giggling, I gently fell against her arm, my skin against hers wrapping an arm around her waist. She barely stirred.

Not very lady-like of Emily to sleep past seven. At least she stopped sleeping past noon. It was a bad habit of hers, and thankfully, I've helped tire her out at night. I guess I was the main reason her days and nights were fixed. 

Grinning cheekily I leaned down and nibbled on her neck. This time she woke with a lazy, half-asleep gaze before she rubbed her eyes.

"Ah, darn it!" She grumbled realizing I'd woken her, "You were supposed to sleep longer."

"It seems you were supposed to be up earlier." Reaching my hand over to hers, I pulled her closer, her lips overlapping mine gingerly.

"Happy birthday, Sarah." She caressed my skin with the tips of her fingers and I felt goosebumps form all over my body.

For a moment I stayed under the covers as Em sat up, the covers falling off of her, her body taut and curved perfectly. Turning her back she leaned forward to find clothes as my finger stroked down her spine. From the way her skin reacted, she wasn't expecting it. To be honest, it felt good to be different.

Grabbing her robe she stood and wrapped it tightly around her, "Now you get dressed, young lady. I'm going to wake my dad." Emily instructed, a giggle escaping her lips.

Pulling my blond hair over my shoulder, I ran my fingers through surprised at how easily it fell through. I was sure my hair would be tangled from all the tossing and turning.

Shrugging away the morning's groggy atmosphere, I stared at the window at the city around me, the curtains partly open. Cocooning myself in my sheets watching the snow fall seemed to calm me. So much has happened that I truly examine everything that's happened over the year. I mean, it seems just yesterday that I was moping over Jake, whining to Emily, and my biggest worry being how to please him.

Laughing I could hardly believe that was just three or four months ago. Back when my life was normal and I spoke regularly to my mother about my volleyball games. Back when Casey wasn't my only brother who openly defended me. When Jessie looked up to me as the bestest older sister ever. When ignorance was my bliss.

I couldn't lie to myself and say I didn't miss my old life. If I knew what awaited me, I may have never went to Emily's house that day, but deep down I knew it was all just glorious lie. No matter how happy I thought I was, it wouldn't have lasted. I'm sure. If it wasn't Emily, then it would have been some woman ten years later when I'm married to some boring inattentive husband. It would've been a shame. Nothing more.