Chapter Thirteen

(4-22-12) [4:10 PM]
*NOTE* Um, just curious, but I have 200 odd reads on the last chapter. Only 7 votes...? Please continue to vote and comment! AND don't forget to read, vote, comment, and enjoy my other book up for the Watty Awards, She Was Just A Girl. That one is closer to getting finished, and I'd like that to get up in the numbers. :) Anyway.. Please keep reading but vote and comment and fan! <3 Thank you and enjoy!

Chapter Thirteen
The Plot Thickens

My eyes fluttered open to see Emily's face above mine, her head rested into the mess of her hair and dug into her pillow. Smiling, I turned as silently as I could on my side, so I could watch her face as I softly traced my finger along her eyebrows and the bridge of her nose. What I never noticed before was the barely visible dash of freckles on the bridge of her nose, just a hint along her cheeks.

Digging my face against her shoulder I watched as she started to toss and turn before her own eyes darted open, the TV behind me still at the main menu of the DVD. Her eyes seemed especially radient this morning as she gazed into my own, it must have been something about the shine in the brown color of her iris. 

"Good morning." I greeted kissing her lips softly before jerking away, landing on my back as Emily's father opened the door. 

Her father was battling a lot. He had just lost his job shortly after Em's mom got sick, and then he was hired for a new job. The problem was the amount of time spent away from Em's mom. Emily looked a lot like her father, they had the same eyes, but his hair had a curl to it, her hair was never curly.

"G'morning, girls." He greeted with a gentle smile, his smile causing his stubble to cross over itself and give that five o'clock shadow effect.

"Hey, Dad." Emily spoke as she crawled up from the bed and to her dresser, "Is Mom up, yet?"

He fixed the tie of his robe around his body as he messed with his hair, "Yeah, I'm taking her to the hospital before I head to that new interview I told you about. Make sure you get to school, Em."

I sat stoaicly on the mattress as Emily rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah, Dad. Tell her I love her and you be careful. Good luck, too."

"Have a good day at school, honey. You, too, Sarah." He grinned at me as he left scratching his stubble probably readying to shave it.

I really cared for her dad, he was funny and a true, honestly good father and husband. He never stopped loving Em's mom and never stopped caring for Emily. He didn't go down the path my father did, it seemed that Emily's father was stronger than my own. Not to mention he's trying to get off the couch to do something other than love on his wife and drink.

As the door shut behind him, I swung my legs off the bed, leaning forward to grab my jeans from the floor just as Emily crawled up behind me, wrapping herself around me.

"I told my parents." Emily muttered into my ear as my eyes widened.

"Really? I didn't think," I bit my tongue as I held her arms, "Your dad didn't treat me any different."

Emily nudged her head against my back, "I told him after you fell asleep last night, then I told my mom." She paused as I breathed exasperatedly, "They still love me, and they still love you. I'm sorry if you don't agree, Sarah, but I had to tell them."

I turned my head as I swiveled my thumbs above her arm as she kissed my shoulder, "I'm glad you told them. I'm just happy they don't care that we're two girls in love."

Emily giggled before poking my back with her nose, "I thought we were two women because, you are no little girl. The way you look, the way you act and think, there's no way, honey."