Façade: Within - Chapter 12

Blur

(Krista's POV)

I wiped my cheeks. I ran inside after what nii-san almost did to me. That feeling when you can't do anything to stop something. You're just the observer of your own experience. Useless. Just once. And that once lead me to this. I also can't blame Jurri. I've agreed in going so I also have my fair share of blame.

I still can't begin to comprehend how nii-san could do that to me, no less. I was just clubbing. Plus, Jurri's with me. Plus, I know he has sent someone to look after me. Which, unfortunately, is Ryouji Hest.

I turned on the other side, bringing the comforter up my chin.

I could probably never face Chehon again. He just saw me almost got slapped with my own brother. If he didn't stop him, I shudder to think otherwise. That was the first time nii used forced to me.

I heard someone outside my room.

"Krissy, open the door."

I should pretend to be asleep and ignore him but instead I got up and opened the door to find him bringing a tray of foods. I leave the door open and climb again on my bed.

"You should eat something." He said, setting the tray on the table beside my bed.

"Why did you come back?" I paused.

"I'm sorry." Came his soft reply, making me guilty since he's only looking out for me and he didn't really do anything wrong - I just want to blame someone badly.

I slapped his hands away when he tucks a strand of my hair, clearing my throat before speaking. "Get out."

He looked at me critically. I sighed.

"Get out and I'll eat."

He nods his head and gently closed the door.

"Stupid jerk." I muttered.

I still have to prepare whatever preparations needed for tomorrow and . . . uh, school day.

-

(Third person's pov)

The sound of the glass shattering echoed in the room. Chehon wiped the side of his mouth with his thumb. Blood dripped down, staining the ceramic tiles, he spat out and stood up - seeing the blood on his hands he winced. He'd dealt far worse than this one on missions.

"Stay out of this, Chehon." His aura changing, the happy-go-lucky Kai nowhere to be found.

"Too late to back out now, I'm already involved. Besides, aren't you the one who assigned me to watch over Krista?"

"Yet you failed to do so!"

"I didn't - I saved her from you." It sounded like a childish retort but when he saw Kai's reaction it was worth it.

Kai looked like he'd just been bitten by a snake. But regaining his composure, he stated seriously.

"ZION is on the move." Chi widens his eyes unbelievingly as Kai begrudgingly continued.

"They're after her again. There were members in that club. How do you think I should react?!"

"She's fine, Kai." Ryou said, walking down the stairs from Kris's room. He is irritated that Kai is over reacting to everything. "I was there. I won't let anything happen to her. I'll always be in the shadows ready to protect her." But as he said those, his eyes landed on Chi as if challenging him with his stare.