Façade: Within - Chapter 7

Meet up

(Krista’s POV)

When i got to the parking area, I saw Jurri leaning in the passenger’s door with her head moving up and down following a certain beat. But as trained as her, she looked up when I was halfway away.

“Ohh, who’s the guy?” She said with a teasing look. I only rolled my eyes good naturally.

“Jurri, Cehon. Chehon, Jurri.” While waving my hands back and forth, not really bothering to look at either of them.

I waited for a minute, waiting for my best friend to recognize him. But none, which was expected but nonetheless disappointing.

“Cute. But we’ve already met.”

I raised my eyebrow, not totally realizing that I’ve somehow made a fool of myself for introducing them to each other. Why would she ask if she’d already known?

“We’re in the same department. Ne, ri-chan?”

“Giving nicknames already are we?”

I gasp and turned around quickly almost stumbling.

“Nii-san!!!” I ran towards him and hug him with my might.

I know I’ve talked to him in the phone – and act as if I don’t care – but it has a big difference when he’s actually present.

“Hello, imouto! Wow, you’ve been eating a lot, haven’t you? Your curves are not that defined anymore. Tsk-tsk. You should join me in a gym starting now that I’m here. Don’t want your admir-“

“Hold it there. I have no such thing as admi-“

“ers criticize you. And chi-kun, you’re still as playboy as ever. Don’t hit on my girl. Find someone like-“

“Kai. I’m not your girl!” Jurri’s high pitched voice interrupted while she plucks her earphone away.

“Hahaha, you know I’m kidding Ri-chan. I’m being a protective big bro here so let me be.”

“Psh. Besides, having a relationship with my best friend’s boyfriend gives me creeps.”

“He’s not my boyfriend, Jurri.” I said in a sing-like voice and gave her a warning glare.

“Oh. Right. Peace.” Tense atmosphere blanketed the four of us.

I still can’t find a reason why the word boyfriend will bring out such reactions from these people, and by people I mean Nii-san and Jurri. It’s not like I’ll do that mistake again. I’ll probably commit suicide if that happens, until now remembering it would make my eyes go dull.

“Um, we’re supposed to attend a meet up?”

“Right. Right, of course. Good call, chi-kun.”