Façade: Within - Chapter 1

The Start

(Krista's POV)

  I Love you.” She spoke in a whisper. Afraid that he’ll hear it but wanting him to.

  “Brietta, I-

  “No, please hear me out. Ever since we’re in middle school, I know I like you. But then at that time your attention’s too focused on your studies and sports! I don’t blame you for that, in fact I supported you! Every time we speak to each other you’re always on the rush. I jus-

  “Thank you.” In a quiet voice but is enough for her to stop embarrassing herself.

  “What?

  “You don’t know how much I’ve waited for this moment! And all you’re gonna say is thank you??

  She spoke in a rushed tone as she failed to stop her tears from flowing in her cheeks. Sobs echoed in the room. Then a velvet voice broke the semi-silence.

  “Thank you, Brietta.

I rolled my eyes as I reread the page. Are girls that dumb? Uh. Seriously, they don’t do something shameful like that, do they? Well, who am I to judge? I have done the same thing in the past but surely won’t and never will. I glare at the book as my thoughts were unknowingly dragged back to the dark. Damn.

The noise grew causing me to look up. There you go, the famous Mr. Arrogant-slash-Jerk-slash-Teacher. And no before you get any ideas, I definitely am not into him. This is not one of those Teacher-Student ships.

  “Ms. Blair, do you think reading fantasies will make you a better interrogator?” He tauntingly said. A loud boom reverberates as he drop the very thick books in his table.

‘Oh, please.’ I thought. First thing in the morning and I get this? Hmm, I need to get out of this. Surely we’ll have those boring sessions of reading interrogation tack-ticks.

  “Certainly not, Professor but they’d help your imagination a little bit don’t you think?” I retort. Krista Blair is not known to cower and back down from someone. I straighten up to show my defiance. I smirked, looks like someone saved me.

  “How so? They’re only fictions. Books.” Confidently said. He is after all our Inter. Prof. Honestly, if he’d soften up a bit I’ll be the first one to jump into him. But I like challenge. Too bad, it won’t last.

  “How could they not when they’re made by people? Humans.” I took my time arranging my things as I stand.“On our first meeting, I vividly recall that you said ‘every little details counts, no matter how nonsense they appear to be’ Eh? Mr.?

I hurriedly picked up the phone that has been vibrating in my pocket for a while now. I murmured an excuse as I storm pass him heading out of the room.

  “Hey.

  Hey you.Figures, it is his signature greeting.

  “Haha. Get on with it sweety, time’s precious.” I laughed mockingly. I shouldn’t be too harsh on him – he just got back from a long mission.

  Hahaha. As always, Kris. It’ll never change. Anyway, boss will have a meet-up this afternoon just wanna give you a heads up.Great. Now what?

  “Thanks, Kai. Much appreciated.” I sigh. Meet-ups have never been my likes.

  “Oh why so curt, Kris-chan? Didn’t miss me?” I let out a short laugh.

  “And welcome back.” I said softly. Surely, he’ll recognize the longing in my voice.

But I hung up before he could respond. It seems like I’ll have to ditch class today. Who’s dumb enough to go back in and receive a consequence? I could use a relaxing time before I go to that meet-up.

After all, I’m the daughter of the boss of KION. No one tells me what to do.

AN: Peace, guys. It’s just the first chapter. Thank you for reading, it is very much appreciated. Questions will be answered as the story goes on. Love yah ;) Dedecated to @kennykoreana thanks for the follow :)

~ Verriel