Façade: Within - Chapter 8

Special Place

AN: Play the video at the side. :)

(Chehon’s POV)

“Kai-san, omedetou gozaimas.” I congratulate him as I shake hands with him.

“Don’t be formal Chi-kun. Things are still the same.”

“No, it’s not. You’re our boss now, Nii-san.”

“Shut it hime.” He coughed. “And could you please excuse us both for a while we have some matters to attend to.” He gave me a pointed look as he guide a confused looking Jurri in a corner.

“I sure hope they’re not into something fishy.”

“I think it’ll be nice.”

I received a slap on my arm.

That she’ll not just be your best friend but also your sister in law.”

“No thanks. Jurri deserves more than a whiney bro.”

I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the parking lot. I was a bit, okay a lot, excited to show her somewhere that I didn’t consider her pace or what you call clumsiness. She tripped of her feet and I have to hold her arm to keep her steady.

“Hey! Watch it! Darn it, didn’t your mother teach you any manners?”

I laughed inwardly and dropped my hands. That’s the irony.

“No she was not able to teach me some since I didn’t really know her. I was in an orphanage and by that time I have no memory of the previous life I had. So don’t worry, I know what you’re going through. You are even luckier you have Kai-san and Jurri by your side.”

Maybe, she’s stressed that’s why she was able to say those. I checked my phone again rereading what Kai-san texted me few minutes back.

            To: Chehon

            From: Kai

            Please take Krista home. I need to organize some things in the quarters and also have a private meeting with father. Red.

Something was up that Kai-san doesn’t want Krista to know.

I look at her and smiled. I still have to bring her somewhere. Relief showed on her face when she saw that I didn’t hold whatever grudges about what she said.

And now I’m thankful too. I silently thought. That I have everyone. That I have you.

(Krista’s POV)

“This is already out of the city! Where the heck are we going?” I cried out.

“Don’t worry. You can trust on the thought that Kai-san will have my head if I’ll let something happen to you. So just sit back and watch.” He smiled, giving me a reassuring face.

I slightly panicked. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve traveled around but not on towns and unfamiliar area. I’m always in for adventure but . . .

with him?

I breathe in deeply noticing the change in the air. It feels more fresh and natural with a tint of sea breeze. Vast shades of blue greeted me when I looked out and saw that we’re in a seaside port. He parked the car and got out opening my door. I didn’t know that chivalrous action is still present these days.

I hummed a thank you since I don’t like to give him the credit of voicing out my thoughts.

He held my lower back and guides me to cross the street. If he was someone else, he would have a broken arm by now.

“Care to explain this? I said while leaning my back on the wooden railing. I don’t want to assume to much that’s why I asked. -.-

“An escape.” He said. But those words feels distant, as his eyes was trained on the setting sun and hands clamp together, arms on the rails.

I wanted to ask. Just to annoy him, just to break his renaissance. But then I remembered it again.

‘So don’t worry. I know what you’re going through. You’re even luckier you have your bro and jurri by your side.’

Maybe this place is important to him. Memorable, even.

He’s being serious this time so maybe I have to savor this moment, next time he’ll be back to that annoying guy I first known of. So I turned back and just did what he said.

Sit back and watch.

-o-

The sun completely set when a music played.

‘I'm an angel with a shotgun, 

Fighting til' the wars won, 

I don't care if heaven won't take me back.

I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe.

Don't you know you're everything I have? . . .’

He hastily searched for his phone and answered it.

“Hai . . . I’m sorry, yes we’re on our way . . . it’s my fault, Kai-san . . . Ja ne.”

I watched him faced me and flash an apologetic smile.

“We need to go.”

I nod hesitantly. It seems like in a span of almost an hour I’ve grown to like this place as well.

-o-

(Chehon’s POV)

“Where were you?”

Krista had already gone upstairs when Kai approached me.

“I don’t want Krista to get suspicious so I’ve brought her somewhere. And I didn’t really kept track of the time, that’s why.”

He nods understandingly, scratching his chin with a thoughtful look. Suddenly, a girn showed on his face.

“So how did it go? Did you land first base? I bet not coz I personally trained her about self defense.”

By the time he finished, I was uncharacteristically red. But.

“Yeah, we even go further. She’s such a good moaner.” I smirked at his panicked face and got out of the house before he could do something.

AN: This update is really an opposite of the previous one. Sorry it’s short. Anyway, thanks for your time in reading this chapter. ^.^