Part 5

It's 12o'clock, time for my break.

I head into the lunchroom and take a seat next to Joel.

"Hey Joel."

"Hey babe. Guess what?"

"What?"

"Okay so the guy I'm seeing, Steven, works at an architectural design company and they're looking for a new graphic designer!"

"Really? How's the pay?"

"Amazing. And you only have to go in 3 days a week, the other's you can do from home."

"This sounds amazing."

"So I told Steven about you and he said he'd talk to his boss if you wanted it."

"Of course I want it. Could he get me an interview?"

"Of course."

"Oh my gosh! Joel!" I hug him. "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

"Anything for you. And besides, you helped me get this job. It's about time I return the favour. So I'll call Steven and see when the interview will be."

"Okay. Thank you so much. You don't even understand what this means."

He smiles and goes and calls Steven.

Things are finally starting to look good.

***

"Nia, can you come in for a minute?"

"Yes Maria?"

"I was just on the phone with John. He wants me to go with him to LA tonight. So I'm going to head home now. On Sunday evening I'll fly to Miami from LA, So you can have from now till when I get back from Miami off."

"Really? Will I still get payed?"

"Of course. But make sure you have your phone on you incase I need you to do something."

"Done. Perfect."

"You can go home now. That's all." She shoo's me.

I get into my car and start crying of happiness.

This is the longest I've had off for a long time. A whole week! It's not much but it's something.

I text Justin.

Hey, Maria has to go to LA so if you're not busy sometime from now to next Thursday we could maybe meet up if you want?

I get a reply almost immediately.

That's great! I'm free all week. What time suites you best?

Maybe tomorrow around 5 we could go somewhere?

That sounds okay but paps might see us, we could just stay in?

Sound perfect, my place?

Great, will Lily be there? I really want to meet her.

Yeah, she'll be there

I send him my address, put my phone away and head to the daycare centre.

I feel like I'm dragging this too much and I could just get to the point but the backstory adds information to the story so.... you just have to wait I guess.

Thoughts? Am I dragging it?