[26] *~Chess's Route~*

//I'm gonna miss my bun son ;∆;//

As the morning sun rised above the horizon, (E/c) eyes slowly lifted up, blinking before adjusting to his scenery. He hadn't had such a good slumber in years. He almost didn't want to get up from bed. But a shrieking voice from downstairs made him sit up in alarm.

"I'M GOING TO BE LATE!!" It was Alistair's voice. And he sounded incredibly distressed. Worried, (M/n) got out of the bed and hurried downstairs. What he saw was a messy living room with Alistair dashing place to place, trying to fix himself and the stuff he accidently tumbled over. His hair was out of place and the buttons on his jacket were in the wrong placements.

"Alistair?" (M/n) called out to him, his ears perking up. Alistair glanced at him and blushed. "Ah! I-I'm truly sorry for you to see me in this state. I'm kind of in a hurry right now." He explained, looking away.

(M/n) sighed and smiled softly. "It's okay, Alistair. Here, I'll help you." He took a few steps forward before standing in front of the rabbit. He undid the buttons on his jacket and began readjusting them in their rightful places. After finishing, he stood on his toes and fixed his hair, patting down tufts of hair that were out of place.

"There! Now you look better." The (H/c) haired male said, placing his hands on his waist. Alistair laughed softly and smiled, a gentle aura around him. "Thank you so much, (M/n)." He dug out his pocket watch and his smile dropped. His face screamed panic.

"Okay, I have to depart now! I apologize for leaving so soon, but I'll return just as fast! Farewell, (M/n)!" He said, his words rapidly coming out his mouth as he hurried towards the door. But before he could arrive at the doorstep, he tripped a bit before going out.

(M/n) laughed a bit before waving. "Farewell to you too." He glanced at the mess around the him. The table was upturned and the wine hued couch was out of place. The carpet was wrinkled and the cushions of the couch were on the floor. He was really hurrying... It reminded him of the original White Rabbit in the book. Trying his best to attend the Red Queen's court or else his head would be off.

Come to think of it, Alistair did say if he didn't arrive soon, the queen would sentence his head off. So perhaps the queen was more identical to its original counterpart? He had already met the other characters, some traits of their original counterparts resonating within them, but it seems that they had their own personalities. Their own stories waiting to be told.

(M/n) realized he was spacing out and shook his head. You can think of the characters later, but you have to clean up this mess first. He started turning the table right side up and patted down the rolls of the carpet. He realigned the couch and fixed some plants that were about to fall from their stands. Alistair must've been rushing so fast he didn't notice the mess he had been causing.

' Maybe I should go out and travel along the places Alistair showed me the day before. Staying inside would be a good option too but I'll eventually get bored.' (M/n) placed a finger on his chin and thought of what to do. Alistair would worry if he was gone for too long.

Getting lost in his train of thought, he failed to notice a certain cat appearing behind him and rested his hands on his shoulders, making (M/n) jump and scream. His heart pulsed rapidly from surprise and fear and his skin was prickled with goosebumps.

"Man, I sure got a reaction from you! Hahaha!" Chess cackled as he grinned ear to ear. (M/n) had tears in his eyes as he backed away. "That wasn't funny in the slightest!" He pouted.

"Aw, come on! You looked so cute!" Chess commented, making (M/n)'s face even redder than a strawberry. He failed to see as to why this cat would find the surprise and fear of others cute. It brings nothing but satisfaction to the one who scares the person. And it's embarrassing.