[18] *~Alistair's Route~*

//Fun fact: I think half sleeves are hot. Also, this chapter is kinda short so I'm sorry (ಥ﹏ಥ) I was a bit unmotivated bc I was thinking of how I gotta go back to school tomorrow and the fact I got into DMMD. Anyway, hope you enjoy despite it being shitty ;w;//

In the next few days, it had come to the conclusion of Alistair having a rest day requested by the Queen himself. Albeit confused, he couldn't disobey direct orders. Though it was quite odd that the Red Queen would send him to rest despite his unfinished duties. He almost tried to respond, reluctant to leave paperwork undone, but the Queen seemed so insistent. So, he sat on the couch, reading a book he had read front to back countless of times.

'Is there even a valid reason to let me off the hook? There's nothing big happening and I don't feel fatigued. Quite suspicious, I may say, but that's disrespectful, especially to think of such towards the Queen.' Alistair thought as he released a deep sigh. He closed the book with one hand and let his ears droop. He wondered if (M/n) was still sleeping.

As if on cue, the sound of creaking wooden floorboards could be heard and (M/n) climbed down the stairs, a determined look on his face. A smile tugged on his lips. "What's with the look?" Alistair tried to joke. Though, he was never good at those.

(M/n) sat beside Alistair and looked directly at his ruby eyes that were slightly confused. "Uhm," He began.

"Alistair, you have nothing to do much today, right?" He asked. His determined look warped into something like anxiety as he scratched his neck. Alistair tilted his head, his ears twitching. "Well, besides cleaning the house and rearranging my messy book pile, there really isn't nothing much I can do." He answered.

For some reason, he could almost see (M/n)'s (E/c) eyes shine from his answer. He inched a bit closer. "Then, can you go with me to the Capital? I want to buy something and I could really use your assistance." He said, voice cracking a bit due to his nervousness.

Alistair smiled a bit wider, cheeks tinted a pink hue. "Of course! It would be an honor~" He held his hands in his own as sparkles danced around in his eyes.

(M/n) smiled. "Great! I'll take a bath and get ready." He said before noticing their hands were still together. Alistair followed his gaze and burst into color. "Oh dear, I apologize!"

As their hands separated, the (H/c) haired male simply waving and heading to the bathroom. 'Alright, that went well. I wonder how this will all turn out in the next few hours.' He thought, head laying low.

*~*~*~*~*

(M/n) looked at himself in the mirror, fixing his clothes. These were also bought by Alistair. A simple (F/c) jacket with a striped (F/c) shirt underneath, knee length shorts, plain white socks and brown boots. He also wore his necklace.

"Ah, (M/n), have you finished changing?" Alistair came in wearing a simple sweater vest over a white shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows, dark brown pants as well as dark brown shoes. (M/n)'s heart skipped a beat as he stared at the rabbit. He looked astounding despite only wearing casual wear.

Snapping out of his thoughts, (M/n) replied with a flustered tone. "Y-Yeah, I just did. You look good." He complimented despite the color engulfing his face. Alistair gave him a sweet smile. The tint on his cheeks growing darker.

"Thank you very much." He said before flicking open his pocket watch. "Do you wish to go now?" He asked the other male. (M/n) nodded and went over to his side, giving him a sideways grin.

They headed down the stairs and out the door, Alistair locking the front and back door. They took the same route they had taken before and didn't exchange words until they got out of the Chattering Grove.