Obsidian: Ch. 20-22

Ch. 20-22!!

NOTE: In the chapter "OMG," Morgrim talks in Belgrim's head. This will be marked by the usual * * before and after the sentence(s).

Enjoy. ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

舵♦囎♦囓♦♅

♀The Verse Source♂

XFrom the per¢eption of MorgrimX

\궜✇

I have to take down Griffon to get to the Verse Source. Then, if I can, I'll grab Becky and escape to the biverse. I'm almost at the brim because all Griffon does is get in my way, ruin all my plans. "Damn it, Griffon," I say, knocking him out of the way. "You should know no matter what you do to stop me, you can't."

"I can if I try hard enough and I have all my friends," Griffon replies, coming back at me. Quickly, I slam my fist into the stone of the floor and an earthquake-like wave makes Griffon fall to the ground. I hear Becky scream in pain and that only satisfies me more.

In my hand, I twirl and flip my knife around carelessly. I look at the weaklings behind me. Griffon is just getting up, Becky still in pain on the ground, Belgrim poised to throw a trident at me, Karley eying me carefully and trying to find a way to get me, Shannon gone. Wait, what? I whip around in all directions, trying to find her, but she is no where in sight. When I glance at the spot she was at before, I see the puddle of blood that seeped from her leg, and it's still growing. Oh, nice try, Shannon, I think and chuckle. I grip my knife tightly and make my way to her, which confuses the rest of the group. Apparently, they can't tell Shannon's invisible at the moment. Just when I'm about to kill her, Griffon's arms wrap around my neck. I immediately slip mu knife in its sheath and shake him off.

"Leave Shannon alone!" he yells, getting back up. Instantaneously, I grasp his neck and throw him so he tumbles down the steps. Now is my chance to get the Source before anyone else stops me. I run to it and in one second, it rests in my hands. I cradle it like a baby and grab the trident that I heard whizzing behind me.

"Don't want to lose that, brother," I say after I turn around. "Here." I deliberately break it in half between my fingers and toss the two pieces back to Belgrim. "And you're welcome." I grin and am about to break the glowing orb above me when I sword knocks it out of my hands. How could I not sense that coming? To my side, Becky is glaring at me under the expression of agony. She now lies in a very scary pool of blood and I know her time is coming to a close. Well, no keeping her when I get out of the universe. One less person to worry about, at least.

I dive for the orb on the ground, which I'm surprised hasn't broken yet, probably because I can only break it with my strength. Just a millisecond too late, and Griffon is back once again, with the orb in his hands. I cannot accept defeat, especially when he decides to throw the Source down the steps.

"You son of a bitch!" I scream, chasing after it. I catch it before it gets halfway down the steps. Griffon is no longer paying attention to me. He's at Becky's side, trying to comfort her. And that is the most perfect chance for me to make my escape to the second verse, the biverse of Fear.

舵♦囎♦囓♦♅

♀Life and Death♂

XFrom the per¢eption of BeckyX

\궜✇

After I sacrificed my sword, all I could do was glare at Morgrim. I didn't have the strength to threaten him. My eyes had begun to close and just when I think I pass out, I feel the presence of Griffon, whispering in my ear.

"Griffon," I mutter over and over again. I don't want him to leave me. I know I will die in a matter of minutes. "Griffon, don't leave." My hands stretch out, trying to feel for him, for his hands, the cold, not the warmth.