Obsidian: Epilogue: Something is Wrong

OMG THE EPILOGUE!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! YES!!!!!! HOLY CRAP, ENJOY!!! (i'm writing a bonus comedy chapter after this!!!!!! with all the characters!!! :D

~~~~~~~~~~

舵♦囎♦囓♦♅

♀Epilogue: Something is Wrong♂

XFrom the per¢eption of KylynnX

\궜✇

While Belgrim and I discuss marriage matters for an hour or two, I only realize when we're done that more than half the big box of chocolates is gone. I feel really bloated and look down at my stomach. Yes, Karley is right, I do look a bit bigger. And I don't know why. Wouldn't I lose weight during this whole adventure since I didn't eat as much as I used to? I'm so confused. Maybe I put on pounds when we came back and I gobbled up so much at the Bears camp.

"Belgrim, I think I'm fat," I confess, slamming the box of chocolates down. "Look at me! Remember when you first saw me how skinny I was?"

"I don't think your fat, Kylynn," Belgrim replies and gives me a hug. "Except maybe you shouldn't eat half a box of chocolates in an hour." We laugh.

"I guess your right. Hold on, I need to go to the bathroom." I want to check my weight. But I don't want to tell him because he might think I'm over-reacting. I find the scale by the shower and step on it. The numbers settle and notice I've gained ten or so more pounds. Ten? That much, really? I'm so shocked that I begin to hyperventilate. Oh, God, what's happening to me? What the hell is happening? I try to keep my anxiety down because I feel like I'm going to pass out.

I splash water on my face and begin to settle down. Then I take a deep breath and saunter down the hall. I peek around the corner and Belgrim is tracing his finger around a picture of me as a baby. I sigh and try to get the courage to talk to him. I keep watching him and then things start to hit me. Baby. A baby. What if I am pregnant? No, no, I can't be. That has to be impossible... But I know it's not. Especially when we didn't have protection. God! How could I be so stupid?

What do I do? Do I go out and talk to Belgrim about my worries? I decide I'll tell him some things. I walk out with a frown. "Belgrim, I'm ten more pounds then I was before," I say.

"Kylynn, weight doesn't mean anything to me, I'll always love you," Belgrim replies and that does cheer me up a little bit. I sit down and allow him to kiss my cheek and wrap an arm around my shoulders.

I force a laugh. "Well, girls are the ones who always worry about their weight." Belgrim smiles. But even with his comment, I'm still worried. Then I remember. My mom usually keeps a pregnancy test in the bathroom. Perfect. "Excuse me again, Belgrim," I whisper and stand up. I go to the bathroom and start to rumble through the cupboards. Of course, in the back is where I find the sealed box. I take the pieces out and read the directions, although it's very difficult. My eyes keep straying away from the paper, my heart pounding too hard, my mind off somewhere else. I hit my head and get myself together. "Come on, Kylynn, don't be worried," I tell myself.

I have a lot of trouble getting the pieces together. When I've followed every number on the piece of paper and I'm to the point where I have to wait for two minutes, I keep myself busy by putting the stuff back in the cupboards. My hands are shaking so bad right now. All I keep whispering is, "please be not pregnant, please be not pregnant." Finally, all the things are away and I'm ready to check the screen. I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and count to ten. Then, I read one word.

I honestly expect Not Pregnant. It says Pregnant. No! This can't be right! My eyes are playing tricks on me. Or the "Not" is off the screen and I just can't see it. But sure enough, the single word "Pregnant" is staying there in bright blue letters. I read it over again and again in disbelief, hoping it'll change, but it just doesn't. For some reason, I'm so shocked I'm not having an anxiety attack. All I want to do is sit down and cry. But this won't go away. I will have to deal with it for eight or nine more months, whenever Belgrim got me pregnant.

I grasp the test tightly in my fists and leave the bathroom. I try to walk down the hall as slow as I can, but I find myself almost running. When I turn the corner, I stop and see Belgrim playing the roses he got me. I blink my eyes and walk up to him, my whole body shaking and at the verge of shutting down. Tears are beginning to group in the corners of my eyes. "Belgrim," I say, my voice cracked and croaky, full of fear.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" he asks, looking up at me.

I stand in front of him and hold out the test. "Belgrim," I say. "I'm pregnant."

~~~~~~~~

THE END...

...OF BOOK 1.

~~~~~~~~

Go ahead and read book 2!!!!! Island of the Unnatural :)

(Don't forget to read the bonus comedy chapter!!!!)

NOTE: You have to search the bonus chapter. I can't add it to this or it'll screw up the rating. So type in: "Obsidian Bonus Comedy Chapter: Celebration" and you should find it. Thanks for your understanding.

AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED OBSIDIAN.