Obsidian: Ch. 44-46

Chapters 44-46 peoples! The climax of the story! AH! Lol.

~~~~~~~

舵♦囎♦囓♦♅

♀Distraction♂

XFrom the per¢eption of GriffonX

\궜✇

When I see Morgrim crush the control house in front of my eyes, for a split second, I think all hope is lost. If that's the way to get the Immortals' dagger, Morgrim will live forever. And if the rocks have gotten the control panel, there's absolutely no retrieval of the universe. But I'm just hoping that somehow it's unharmed. We'll see soon enough. I just need to distract Morgrim. That's it! I'll lose him in the forest.

I jump off him and sprint as fast as I can to the forest. I sense him a few hundred yards back, so I take turns, avoiding the fires, until I think I've lost him. No sign of him near. Good, I just bought me some time. With it, I go back to the control house because I have a feeling my friends will be there. I'm so beat, but I'm still going to fight.

Just as I'd guessed, I find them hiding behind the destroyed building. "Are all of you okay?" I ask, kneeling down. I look at Becky's wounds first. A bad cut on her shoulder. A two-inch slice on her neck. Luckily, it's not so bad she'll die from it. I wipe away the blood with my shirt anyway, so it's clean. "Okay, look, you guys need to get into the control house and find the Immortals' dagger. Quick."

"But we just saw Morgrim destroy it!" Karley cries. "Everything is probably destroyed!"

"We won't know until we look," I say. "Come on." We run to the front of the control house where tons of boulders are keeping us from going in. Instantly, I start lifting them and throwing them out of the way. Time is running out. I know it. Morgrim must already be on his way back. I'm just making a little dent in the rocks when I hear a yelp behind me. I turn around and find Kylynn on the ground. "Oh, God. Guys, try to kick your way through the rest. I need to take care of Morgrim. Make sure Kylynn's okay! We need her!"

I squint my eyes, trying to find Morgrim. Finally, he comes running at me, and I dodge just in time.

"Kylynn!" I yell to her. "Get into the computer if it isn't destroyed. I think you'll be able to find the Immortals' dagger that way!" She nods before crawling into the little opening I'd made in the rocks. They don't come out, so they must have gotten all the way through and inside. As long as they're safe, I can hold off Morgrim a lot easier. I just need to keep him away from them a bit longer. But it's going to be very hard, especially with the fact he's a hundred times stronger than me.

"Did it ever cross your mind," Morgrim says, "that even if they get the dagger, I can take it from them? Easily, too." He grins. "And you'll have to get me when I'm distacted. Because I'm going to be extra aware now. Thank you, Griffon, for the heads up." His words are meant to bring me down, but I don't allow it to. Through this whole thing, I've sworn to fight to the end. One of us will win, and I will try to make it me.

舵♦囎♦囓♦♅

♀The Immortals' Dagger♂

XFrom the per¢eption of KarleyX

\궜✇

The rocks I crawl through scrape up my legs, but I don't pay attention. We just need to follow Kylynn to the computer so she can find out where the Immortals' dagger is. Luckily, the control house must be made of a very strong type of metal because barely any rocks have broken through. It's dented down, make the space a lot smaller than it was, but the computer and falls have not been hit at all. What a miracle, litteraly! Any worse, and all hope would be lost.