Obsidian: Ch. 47-49

Chapters 47-49!

~~~~~~~~

舵♦囎♦囓♦♅

♀Morgrim Star's Corruption♂

XFrom the per¢eption of BeckyX

\궜✇

Have I done the right thing? I don't know. Feeling that intense emotion when I finally stabbed Morgrim Star brought on confusion as well as shock, disbelief, anger, and depression. It's as if for a split second, he'd entered me. And part of me still has these emotions. Like they're locked up in the back of my brain.

The physical pain was probably the worst of it. I'd caught a glance of the black smoke and light of Morgrim's soul actually hitting me. At first, I felt like I was on fire. Then came the unbearable convulsions, which I passed out from immediately after Kayla pushed me out of the way. I think I got just what we were avoiding-part of Morgrim's soul. That means I'm part Immortal, part evil... I am always going to be part of my worst enemy.

This must be why, while I'm out, Morgrim can talk to me. But something is different. He doesn't have that creepy edge to his voice that made him sound so scary. He sounds-what's a good word for it-nice. What he tells me is amazing.

"Becky, there's something I need to tell you," he says. That's the tone of voice he would never use, so I know I'm going to have to listen. "The only reason I was so evil was because when I was born, I got a poisoned Immortal soul. That means it wasn't 'good' and I would not be a nice person when I grew up. It happens sometimes, so there are other Immortals who are bad, but I don't know about as bad. Right now, I'm crossing over. This is the only time I'm going to be nice. Once I'm at wherever people go when they die, I'll be my old self." It's really hard for me to believe that he could have been good and not one bit evil. "You have a tiny part of my soul implanted inside you. That's why I'm able to talk to you. You can get rid of it by making a small slice across your chest. It won't require another person since the rest of my soul is crossing over." Is he really helping me? Giving me advice? Or is this all an act? "I just wanted to tell you this because I thought it would be important you understand. I must go now. And you will never see the good side of me again. Goodbye." And then his voice is gone.

So I'm right. I have the little part of Morgrim inside me, and a ninety-nine percent chance is that it's bad. When I wake up, I will get the dagger if I still can. We can't have any trace of him left. Once we kill him, we think he's gone forever, but it turns out there's still a bit of him left. Is this ever going to end?

舵♦囎♦囓♦♅

♀I'm Not Dead♂

XFrom the per¢eption of ShannonX

\궜✇

From my near-death experience with Morgrim last time, I've been extra cautious for the past few days. No, I am not dead. I never did die. At first, it seemed like I did. But once I came back to reality, all my friends were gone. Eventually, I was able to find the megaverse and from there I hid behind trees, following my friends, unable to get the courage and expose myself. I promised that once they got rid of Morgrim, I'd come out. Now, after watching the whole thing from a far distance and following the group for awhile, I know it's time to tell them Shannon Cheula is alive.

I'm able to run ahead of them, parallel, but so they can't see me. When they're passing by my hiding spot, I walk out as casually as I can. It's funny how they react. They look at me like I'm nothing. It takes awhile before they realize who it is. Then the only words are I hear are, "oh, my God" over and over again.

"Hey friends, I'm alive," I announce, throwing my hands up. The shock immediately turns into anger and yelling.

"Why didn't you come sooner?"