Obsidian: Ch. 38-40

Chaps 38-40, WOOHOO! Oh, and hey peoples, I'm planning on publishing this book :) so if you want to buy a copy, look for it in stores in a few months. Or a year. I'll totally tell ya when it's in stores!!!!

~~~~~

舵♦囎♦囓♦♅

♀The Past♂

XFrom the per¢eption of KylynnX

\궜✇

I'm alone. No, Belgrim's here. I'm sitting with him in a beautiful woody environment. We're on a velvet, cushioned couch, a wooden table in front of us with tea and small snacks. Around us, on the branches and such, hang ornaments and chimes. Flowers sprout on the ground. It's like an ultimate paradise with him. How did I get here? Why am I here? All I can feel is the warmth of Belgrim's hand in mine.

There are birds chirping and the clink of the chimes. That's basically all we can hear until we speak. I'm the one who starts the conversation. "Did you ever wonder what would happen if Becky and Griffon broke up?" I ask.

"It's crossed my mind," Belgrim says. "Before you, I would be so glad because I could finally have Becky. But now if that happened, I'd be sorry."

"I know it's only been a day..." I trail off, trying to find a way to say it right. "...but I'm afraid our relationship won't last. I mean we're perfect right now. And that's how it always begins. I've had so many experiences with guys. You seem so great." I'm startled when Belgrim pulls his hand away and shoots me a look of hurt.

"Seem?" he demands. "Look, I don't get what's going on in your little head right now, but are you leaving me?" And that's just what I'm afraid of. Him freaking out.

"No, I'm just saying..." I coil back away from him. Getting a better picture of him, I can tell something is wrong. Does he even care he has a girlfriend? He seemed so yesterday in the forest. And he was so happy. I know what's going through his mind. He's worried about Morgrim and that he can find and kill us at any time. It's like he's too depressed. Maybe it's partly because of Karley. I do have to admit he shouldn't have slapped her. That just pissed me off. Deep down, I'm sure he didn't mean to, though. With all this crap going on, I'd have gotten angry as well. I just try to stay out of the fights. I don't want trouble, and plus, what will it solve? Oh, but I don't know what to do about Belgrim anymore. I'm already starting to see sides of him I don't like. "I don't think you're ready for a girlfriend. Not with Morgrim to worry about."

"You know what, maybe you're right," Belgrim says. "I think I've screwed up my life enough. And I don't want to mess up yours." He's about to say more, but stops to think. That gives me a moment, too. I honestly don't want to lose him now. I'm having mixed emotions. I'm iffy about staying with him, but then again, once he leaves, I'm going to want him back. And this guy, I don't think I'll find anyone sweeter than him.

"We just need to take some time together. Bond more. It'll take your mind off the problems." Belgrim stands up.

"With my evil brother on the loose? You think we can just go have fun and run away from all these problems?" His face and eyes show tints of anger. "I sure wish we could. Though we can't! This is no time for hanging out."

"So we can't take a few hours alone together? What about this?" I point at the table of foods and tea. "Morgrim could come any second! But he isn't, is he? This is a miracle and we should take them when we can. We need breathing time, together!" I jump when Belgrim slams a fist on the table.

"Yeah, we should be planning to kill him right now. Not have a cute, little tea party." He reaches over on a decorated plate and picks up a cookie with our names in pink icing plastered on it. He shows it to me. "I don't think this is going to work, Kylynn. We're better without this distraction." Then he tears the cookie in half, right in front of my eyes. And it's like my heart is broken into pieces. "No more us, no more complications." Before I know it, he's walking away into the forest and I can't call for him, I can't think.