Obsidian: Ch. 35-37

Ch. 35-37. In 2 hours, I think that's a new record :D LOL.

NOTE: In the chapter "The Truth," Karley has a dream in Shannon's perspective, so that'll be marked with a * before and after.

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~

舵♦囎♦囓♦♅

♀Rainstorm♂

XFrom the per¢eption of KarleyX

\궜✇

"Good times in the megaverse," I say when we're all back in our cabins. "That's definitely something to remember." After we cleaned up Shawn's birthday party and went for a delicious feast of exotic fruits, weird bird meat, and many other edible things, it began to rain. I'm so surprised, too, because I mean it's been so hot here in the megaverse. Maybe it's just like the universe. There's going to be storms sometimes. If anything, the rain is making it so much nicer. It's cooling us down and putting out the fires in the forest for now.

"It's so funny," Becky adds to my statement. "We know this guy is hunting us, but we're all so happy and having fun. This is the best I've felt since we've gotten here!"

Belgrim laughs a bit in response. "And basically the only time Morgrim isn't trying to kill you," he says. For some reason, that's like a joke to us.

"So true!" Kylynn cries.

We talk for a bit more, all good things. In the nice, cozy cabin with the rain turning into a downpour, I feel back at home, back in the universe. Like this is all a dream. Maybe it is. A horrible nightmare with happy moments. I won't know until I find myself in my own bed at my own house.

It's about two o' clock when we check the time. Kayla hasn't bothered us anymore, so I'm assuming she's letting us rest for the remainder of the day. Becky is the only one who wants to go outside in the rain. Fresh air, she says. Fresh water. Sure, that makes sense. We tell her not to go too far and she promises to stay close the camp, maybe not even leave it.

Once the door closes behind her, there's an awkward silence until Belgrim ruins every single of our content attitudes.

"Other than Becky, we're missing someone," he says. "Shannon Cheula. It's not the same without her." Everyone else in the room shoots him an angry look. I stand up with my fists clenched.

"Why did you bring her up?" I demand, yelling. "We were all so happy until you brought her death back into our heads! Thanks a lot, poophead!" This time, it's not a joke. I'm a serious as ever and ready to punch Belgrim in the face.

"I had to get it out! It seemed like all of you had her in the back of your mind! So don't blame me for bringing her up!" Belgrim also gets up, pulling a hand from Kylynn's. Well, Belgrim isn't dazed from his mental attack anymore. If only he was still confused...

"Well, it's not my fault!" Anger is boiling in my veins and what I say next is a little to extreme. "It's your fault Belgrim! Everything is! If you never came to Mount Shasta, if you just left Becky and me alone, your stupid brother wouldn't be trying to kill us right now! We wouldn't have our home verse destroyed! But no! You just had to screw around with our computers and find our fucking address! Next time, find someone who doesn't hate your guts!"

"Stop it!" Griffon yells over both of us. "Just settle down. Look, you two need to make up-"

"No way!" I say. "That boy right there, he's a hacker, Griffon. A criminal!"

"Shut up!" Belgrim screams. "You know yourself I stopped that habit. So back off my life. I didn't hurt you or Becky."

"Oh, really?" I raise my eyebrows. "And you're the one who tried banning her account. You're the one who said you were coming to her house to kill her. And you're the one who couldn't get the fact that we wanted you out of our lives through your thick, confused skull! I hate you! Becky hates you!"