Chapter 7: "You screamed bloody murder because of a TV show?"

Unedited- feel free to point out my mistakes.

Chapter 7: "You screamed bloody murder because of a TV show?"

*Courtney's POV*

Oh my God.

I feel like I jumped off a damn cliff.... Or got hit by a big ass MACK Truck.

My bed feels weird.

I rolled over to look at the alarm.

I saw a T.V. and a little girl who could only be six watching Spongebob.

I instantly sat up straight.

The girl must have heard me somehow- God knows I was as quite as a mouse- and yelled, "SISSSY!!! YOUR FRIEND IS AWAKE!!!"

I saw Aubrey instantly rush in and she said, "Thank you, Maya."

Maya then gave Aubrey a pout face, "You promised we could have another lesson soon."

A look flashed across her face at the word 'lesson' and then at me, as if all of a sudden I'd know what they were talking about and jump and scream accusations at Aubrey.

"We will, I promise. I just have some business to handle, okay?"

"Okay," the girl says returning to her show.

"Come on," Aubrey said.

I followed her out the kitchen seeing all of Aubrey's friends there.

That's right they're all adopted sisters.

I saw a woman who was probably in her mid-30s carrying a basket of laundry.

Seeing me, she frowned at Aubrey and put the laundry down.

She then proceeded to follow us out a door, and outside.

"Aubrey, what is going on," the woman asked with a smile... but there was something under the smile.. something she wasn't saying...

"Umm.. It's a very delicate situation at hand.. You see-"

"MOMMY!" A voice screamed while trudging out the door we had come from recently.

"Yes, honey," the woman asked looking somewhat exasperated.

"Can you make me a-" she cut off and looked at me, "You smell funny."

I smell funny?

I didn't know what to say so I looked at Aubrey who looked at the little girl as if she had just committed mass murder.

Aubrey then said a little breathlessly, "Okay, Maya. You need to go inside now, honey. Come on, Mommy will go with you."

The woman gave Aubrey a look of confusion and then she realized something and she looked at me, smiled, and walked away.

Once they were inside I turned to Aubrey, "Your family is weird."

She snorted, "That, they are."

I crossed my arms and looked at her.

I saw her fingernails turn into claws in the woods. I saw those people grow fangs. They were vampires for sure, and they called me Kitty.

Why did the call me Kitty?

She had a lot to explain.

Namely, what the hell was I?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Aubrey's POV*

I looked at her expression. She was done pissing around. Her body language was demanding and made me want to growl at her.