The Heartache- Luke Brooks Love Story

Ch 1

Jem POV

I woke up to the sound of rushing water in the bathroom near my bedroom. I lifted my head up from my pillow and swung my legs over my bed, to get ready for the day. I stretched out my body as I was attempting to pull up my skin tight jeans. I remembered how shitty the day before was. I couldn't forget how the most popular girl in my school, Scarlet could just humiliate me in front of the boy I cared most about. By the time everyone left the halls, I was furious, and embarrassed. I didnt even noticed tears running down my face until I lifted my hand up to my cheek. When I reached my house I slowly walked up to my room, and shut the door. Hard.

I could just feel how my emotions were drained for how much I cried last night. I skipped downstairs to find my sister on her phone. “Hey Jem” she spoke. “Hi” I fast spoke. I was quite in a rush for waking up late. “Wheres mom?” I demanded, Caroline stuttered “Uh uh she left early”

Of course I said to myself. I nodded slowly and grabbed an apple and ran out the door.

I walked down the street, thinking what Penola school would bring to my day. I lifted my head to see a muscular but slim body walking in front of me. I squinted to see who it was, until the boy turned around to smile at me. Without knowing who it was, I smiled back. I finally noticed who it was. Luke.

Luke was fast pacing down the sidewalk. I noticed his brothers were further in front of him. If you didn't know Luke is a twin. His twin brother named Jai is more calmer, but cool. Their older brother, Beau was very nice to me. He would sometimes say “Hi” to me while I was outside with my dog, max. I didn't know what to say or do, so I just kept walking behind him, trying not to get too close to him so I wouldn't seem like i'm stalking him. I plugged in my headphones and let the music take over my world.

Penola school was a usual school, with different people in a type of group that fit their actions and personalities. The girl who has been tormenting me since the 8th grade, Scarlet was in her usual gang or so what me and my friends called the “Barbie”gang. I walked up to Annie, and Crystal who have been my friends for the longest. “Did you know Aaron Weisler throwing a party tonight?” Crystal said with excitement. “No, but did he invite you?” I asked. Annie entered the conversation “He actually invited all of us”. Its typical for Aaron to throw a party especially because its Friday, and its spring break, when we get let out of Penola. “Cool, so are we going?” I smiled and asked. “Yea, doll or course!” We all smiled and laughed in unison. I looked up to see Scarlet and her gang clinging like post-it notes to Luke, Jai, and Beau. I rolled my eyes. I knew Scarlet slept with almost every guy in her eye sight. I just hoped Luke wouldn't get tangled with her. My heart stung with jealousy. I couldnt bare to see Luke laughing with her, so I turned my eyes away. Luke and I never really talk much, only friendly exchanges. Like a smile, wave, or hello. At some points I hate Luke, but at other times I can't feel but attracted to him.

Im not in love with him, or I don't like him. I just find him attractive. As hell. The most attractive thing about Luke, is the way his lips curl into a smile, the cold lip ring pierced into his bottom lip.

I don’t want to like Luke. Lets just hope I don't.

Ch 2

I was glad it was spring break starting now. I could just feel my spring break is going to be great.

I walked out the black solid doors, into the front of Penola school. I walked alone while texting Crystal. Suddenly, I was shocked to see Jai besides me. I turn my head towards him, and flash him a confusing look. “Hi” He speaks. I smile, and awkward smile. “Um, hello” With my strong english accent. My mom, sister and I moved from California to Melbourne, Australia. I dont know why exactly. I guess it was to stay as farthest from my father as possible. She definitely chose the right place to stay hidden and mean nothing. We both walked silently, besides each other. “Um, are you going to Aarons party tonight?” He spoke with curiosity. I was questioning myself: “Why would he care If I did go or not?”, “Is this just him making up a way to talk?” It was seconds after he asked me. “Yea, I guess” I exclaimed calmy. “Thats cool! I guess I’ll see you there. All my friends and brothers are going, so yea” He smiled and giggled. Brothers. Luke will be there.  Well thats a party pooper. When we both reached out houses which were right next to each other, we departed and said our goodbyes.