Painful

-Max-

It's been days, I think, since I last saw that little girl they mutated from my daughter. After Dylan explained everything to me I went ballistic. Tables were flipped, people were bleeding, and Dylan himself had a broken arm.

But after a few minutes they injected me and hid me away like usual.

But today was different. I had a plan.

To escape.

I was led into a small room, ten Erasers filling in behind me, and a huge glass window covered most of the wall. They forced me to watch what was going on.

And it went a little something like extreme boot camp for toddlers with killing abilities.

Four kids, none older than five, were ripping their way through dummies, hanging carcasses, and some form of explosives Gazzy would kill for. One, a little boy with red hair, massacred a bunch of dummies and fake blood went everywhere.

A little girl with blonde hair was easily jumping over a mud pit and tossed an explosive away before it blew up. A second boy, also with red hair, was in a hand to hand combat with a young Eraser. An he was winning.

And finally, just as I was about to get bored, I saw the fourth kid. She was maybe two, teetering around on her legs, and an Eraser was watching her with hungry eyes. The girl had excessively bloody bandages over her eyes and my heart dropped.

Alex.

He pounced, aiming straight for her, but was shocked before he even got close.

I turned around, officially bored, and nodded to Ari. He gave a curt nod and began to choke.

"What the hell-!" One guard yelled as he reached for the convulsing Ari. He put his hand to his chest an began to heave, chunks of food going everywhere, which gave me enough time to execute my plan.

I grabbed an Eraser's face and smashed it against the glass where it shattered instantly.

"Lets go!" I shouted, and immediately a pair of pale gray wings unfolded, sending the guards flying, as I jumped out. I rolled along the ground, a pain in my arm, and grabbed my daughter. She screamed, "Shhh! Its me, Mommy..." I launched off into the air, Ari right behind me, and stared down at my little girl.

Her face was bruised and cut, cheeks sunken from hunger, and was extremely thin. Her black hair was down to her waist, something I would fix, and her feet were covered in cuts and burns.

I'll admit it. A few tears escaped my eyes.

Ali felt around my face and gave an awkward grin. She leaned down on my shoulder and wrapped her arms around my neck, a soft sigh escaping both of us.

"Let's go home," I whispered into her ear.