Oneshot 4: Brightside

Key:

G/N - Guitarist's Name

B/N - Bassist's Name

S/N - Signer's Name

Y/N's P.O.V:

Tonight was prom night at our school and of course, I had nobody to go with. Well, it wasn't my main issue tonight. My band was performing a song tonight for the DJ since we pleaded to do it. I gripped my 5A Sugar Maple sticks so tightly that my knuckles were turning white. We've spent weeks practicing a song "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers and were planning to play it tonight. The rest of my band knew about my giant crush on C/N and had a surprise for me tonight.

"Okay, guys just remember to relax and play like we did in our studio, okay?" S/N said and looked over at G/N, B/N, and I. 

"Alright, looks like we're ready to go. Bring it in guys." B/N cheered and brought their fist in between the four of us. We walked out on stage silently and plugged into the amps and sound system.

I walked over to the drum set and sat down scanning the crowd for C/N. My heart dropped when I saw her talking and laughing with a guy from my music class. 'Great... I was too late.' I mentally scolded myself and looked to see the rest of my band ready.

Our principal jumped onstage and took the mic from the stand. "Attention students! Tonight we have a performance by our fellow classmates. It would be most appreciated if you were to come to the dance floor." he spoke and walked off stage and gave us a thumbs up from behind the curtains.

S/N walked up to the mic and took it into their hands. "Good evening, guys. Today I am here with my fellow friends and bandmates. On the guitar, we have G/N, On the bass, we have B/N, and last but not least we have Y/N on the drums. S/N began to start talking about the history of The Killers and this song while we got tuned up and ready to play. "And this song is dedicated to a very special someone that our Y/N would know." S/N smirked and the color drained out of my face. They never said anything about this! Oh god, I can only think of one person they're talking about. C/N.

S/N kicked over the stand and G/N started to play the intro right which they nailed. B/N and I soon joined after G/N finished their solo and the crowd started to cheer at the popular song.

"Coming out of my cage

And I've been doing just fine

Gotta gotta be down

Because I want it all

It started out with a kiss

How did it end up like this

It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss

Now I'm falling asleep

And she's calling a cab

While he's having a smoke

And she's taking a drag

Now they're going to bed

And my stomach is sick

And it's all in my head

But she's touching his chest

Now, he takes off her dress

Now, letting me go

I just can't look it's killing me

And taking control

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea

Swimming through sick lullabies

Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay

Destiny is calling me