The Monster Inside Of Me (part 15)

The Monster Inside of Me

Chapter 15

Sorry for the long wait, but here you go!

vote, comment, and most of all enjoy =]

The fire blazed in the center of the city as people gathered around it. The sun was at its lowest peak leaving behind a warm glow and the sky a beautiful blue and violet glow. The entire pack was gathered with the six elders sitting in the front with a debonair pose. They were brittle old men with long white hair that contrasted against their dark skin and frail looking bodies. For the exception of their extremely long hair they looked like five regular old men, but they were different as if in their eyes and the aura radiating from them as if they held all the wisdom in world with their droopy hazel eyes that secretly watched. It was a s if their inner confidence reflected upon their physical form; it was surreal.

"Settle down" said my father's commanding voice and at once everyone sat down, the raging fire creating a dim glow showing everyone's scared faces. Mothers were huddled with their children, fear in their eyes as the father stood protectively over them. They were frightened, maybe even terrified of the war that might take away their loved ones.

"I have gathered you all here to offer you some hope" my father began gruffly, the fire causing an eerie glow against his body.

"I know it has been rough time for all of you, loosing family and starting up new lives again but we cannot give up" he said powerfully, his voice radiating through the forest trees holding the highest of power and at that moment I actually understood what he told me earlier about his absence in my life.

He had a responsibility to these people who looked after him, the people who now looking up to him for guidance and protection. Also for security, to know that everything was going to be okay and he will be there for them. It was at that moment looking into the peoples face that I knew the reason he left me, it was to take care of so much more and probably because he knew my mother would be a great mother. I respected him for it.

"It is a time for a new season of living in happiness, instead of fear. We were once a great tribe under the leadership of my Father and I will make it again until my final breath" he said and a roar of grunts came from the crowd of men and even Cheveyo let out a grunt of agreement, looking upon my father with awe.

After the ceremony the female population of the tribe retired into their wooden homes with their families which were actually very modern. But men stayed up to be assigned to their tasks of hunting, training and watching the territory.

"You should go back to your cabin and get some rest, it will be an early morning" said a quiet Cheveyo with he brushed the disarray of my hair away from my face with calloused fingers. My lips turned down wards in disapproval

"You must be ridiculous if you think that I'm going to go sleep when there is a war about to happen" I whispered feeling the pang of guilt knowing that it was partially my fault.

"I guess I'm crazy then!" he ground out frustrated "look I just want- I need you to be safe for my peace of my mind. I need to know that you're healthy and that when I come back you will be here safely here" he pleaded while pushing me in his warm grasp. His musky scent filled me my nostrils and relaxed into his warm hold.

"Okay I'll go back to the cabin" I lied reluctantly and felt Cheveyo relax in my hold. Automatically I brought my face up to kiss him but he quickly turned his head so that my lips crashed onto his rough cheek.

"What-?" I began to ask if he was still mad at me when he whispered in my ear

"Your father is right behind us" he said shyly and I raised my eyebrow in astonishment. A mischievous glint entered my eye as I turned around to look at my father who was sharpening a staff of wood, glaring at the both of us. He was easily twenty feet away but I saw the scowl that aligned his face and a maniacal idea popped into my head.