The Monster Inside Of Me (part 8)

Chapter 8

OO I hope you like.... So please

Vote, comment, and most of all enjoy =]

What do you say to the man who saved your life? A simple Thank you? It didn't sound right I thought as I looked up to Cheveyo's large chocolate brown eyes that were filled with worry.

"Dawn, are you ok?" he said, quietly, as if the slightest noise will break me into a million pieces. Instinctively I wiggled my fingers and toes and sighed in relief, they were still there.

"I'm fine, I think, how long was I out for?" I questioned, while trying to sit up, but paused when a sharp pain in my ribcage caused me to take in a deep breath of pain.

"Lay down" Cheveyo ordered, when he saw me wince in pain.

But I ignored, Instead bringing my body to a more formal sitting position.

"You were out for about half an hour" he said bluntly, some type of emotion clouding his eyes, and quickly turned away, as if hiding something from me. Regret, Anger? I wouldn't have any of that.

"Who was that guy" I said firmly, determined to have the multiple questions that were swirling in my head answered.

"He doesn't matter, your safe now" he retorted his back still facing me while fumbling with something in his hands.

"Of course he matters! Don't give me that bullshit, the man almost abducted me and killed you! Yet you say that he doesn't matter? What are you hiding from me?" I questioned sourly, my head throbbing from the tone of my voice, yet I sufficed.

His back was tense now and he slowly turned to me, an angry glint in his eye.

"Get dressed, I need you to take you somewhere, then well" he stated firmly and proceeded to walk out of the tent, flapping the tent closing roughly, as if slamming the door.

"Men" I grumbled under my breath. Dressing was actually harder than it was supposed to be. My ribcage was all black and blue from where I landed on the rocks, my head scratched up. But fortunately there was no serious damage.

After changing into my hiking gear I met up with him near the fire that he put out.

"I'm ready" I stated to his tense figure.

"Good let's go" he said, grabbing a back pack and headed straight for the north end of the woods. Rolling my eyes I tagged behind, struggling to keep pace. I wanted to ask him my questions, yet it seemed if I got to close he would just head further above me. I was getting pissed off; not only was I tired, but I was getting eaten by little Mosquitoes that thought I was their lunch.

"Are we there yet" I complained. He replied with a grunt, but stopped when we heard the sound of fast moving water.

Leaving the thick trees, we entered into the edge of the water fall so beautiful it took my breath away. On the opposite end was another clearing, like the one we were staying on yet different. The ground that was supposed to be covered in grassy greens was a dry mess.

It was larger but there were no flowers, weeds, or even animals locate on the dead plain. Crossing the waterfall by the small protruded rocks, I felt the ground crunch and snap under my feet.

Dead, everything was dead.

"What happened here?" I whispered.

"A war, that took place man years ago." Cheveyo said solemnly while having that far away look in his eyes.

"What does this have to do with the man who attacked me by the river?" I questioned confused by the different story that he was explaining to me.

"When you tell a story you don't start at the middle, but the beginning" he said the plopped to the dead grass and laid on his back. Following him I sat next to him bringing my knees to my face.

"Around twenty years ago, our pack was much larger than our current one. We lived together peacefully, helping each other when the time was needed to defeat their inner battles, and become stronger through training. But there were some rebellious people who said that they did not want to defeat their beast, it made them stronger and more powerful. They struck a rebellion against the leader of our pack, your grandfather. They declared war on him and destroyed this land and the people in it." He got up quickly, causing me to stand back startled.

"Come" he said, and I followed him to the center of the clearing where he bent down and brushed the dead figs away revealing gravestones. Not just one, but multiple.

I bent down, lightly took my hand and placed it on the largest grave tomb, the one of Elliot Night, my grandfather.

The tombstone had an inscription on it, a large paw and a strange symbol that looked like a feather. Looking towards Cheveyo I saw him crouched over another tombstone. Walking towards him slightly I saw him take out a few wild flowers out of his rug sac and place it lightly on the tomb and said a light prayer. Crouching down I saw that the name on the tomb stone was a woman, and it hit me.

"Cheveyo, is this...was she your mother?" I said quietly. He looked at me with his warm brown eyes searching.

"Yes" he said.

"She didn't make it out of the fire in time...yet she saved me" he whispered, sorrow melting in his voice. I should have said that I was sorry and how bad I felt for him, but why bring the pain up again? So instead I placed my hand on the tomb stone and said

"You were lucky to have such an amazing, caring son. You would have been proud of the man he became" I said and looked to Cheveyo to see him staring at me with a quizzical brow.

"After the war" he began "The pack separated. We have still been at war with them, protecting our people from the heartless monsters." He spat.

"The man that you so unfortunately encountered was part of the other clan. He wasn't just about to abduct you, instead make you his whore" he said, making shivers go down my back.

"Our clan trains to defend. Yes they are stronger, but are controlled with the monster that lurks within them, making the impossible to organized attacks making them vulnerable." He said while rising up to his feet.

"Your father has left due to secure our lands, and has left me in charge to prepare you"

"For what?" I asked following, he stopped and looked at me with a determined face.

"To kill a werewolf"

Dun Dun DDDDDDDDDDDunnnnn...lol dramatic effects =P COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!! =]