The Monster Inside of Me (part 10)

Ch 10

Not really that great, but is something...

Vote, comment, and most of all..enjoy =]

Emotions are little annoying things in your head that make you feel things such as anger, jealousy, hatred, and love. Well I wish I could burn these emotions till they shriveled up and died. After my embarrassing scene with Cheveyo in the field I ran to the back of the school with my pitiful tears and mixed emotions.

I didn't know what to make of them, Cheveyo was an enigma that was difficult to solve. He would seem as if he really wanted to kiss me and hold me, yet the other moment he backed away as if I was a leper.

Dam it! I'm not the type of chic to be crying over guys, actually I don't even think twice of them. But something was different about Cheveyo. He understood and was there when no one wanted me. And of course there was that ridiculous attraction I felt every time I was near him, but it was more than that something deeper, something I didn't like.

"Well, look who finally decides to show up" said a familiar but sarcastic voice. Looking up I was greeted into the very angry eyes of Sam. Oh boy, I'm in deep crap.

"Sam I-" I tried to explain but was interrupted by her yelling.

"Don't you Sam me! I was worried sick, I thought your ran off with me, or worse died!" then for dramatic effect grabbed my face with both hands and repeated slowly

"DIED, do you hear me, I thought you died!" she said, her blue eyes popping out so far I thought they were going to fall off.

"Sam I'm sorry I should have called" I said weirdly because Sam's hands were crushing my face tightly and looked down ashamed for forgetting about the only person who gave a crap about me.

"What?" she said in a confused voice, and let go "You are sorry?" she said in a flabbergasted tone and I realized that I wasn't behaving like my normal self. If I was the same I would have told her to fuck off and grow some balls, yeah well I guess that's gone. I rubbed my cheeks

"Shocking isn't it?" I said my mouth in a smirk.

"Okay who are you and what happened to my Dawn, I swear if you don't tell ill slap you back to last year!" she said seriously and I laughed at the look on her face. Now since I had my head clearer I realized something that really bothered me.

Sam has always been around even if I didn't want her to be. She stood up for me and even though I said some mean crap to her she always took it, never getting offended. She was such a good friend and I was a crap one and that really didn't settle to well with me, I owed her some type of explanation.

"Sam it's really me, I have been away with my father getting some type of therapy treatments, so I guess you can say I'm sane now" I joked

"You sane? I don't believe that" she said skeptically

"Now that you're here I wanted to say something important" I swallowed "I wanted to say that I'm sorry for the crap that I said to you and I really appreciate you

being here for me" I said quietly, fiddling with my fingers.

"Oh my god" she said seriously "You are sane" then did something completely unexpected; she threw her arms around me and hugged me in a tight embrace. At first I was tense, not used to the hug; but eventually my body relaxed and I hugged her back with a tight hold.

"So I guess this means I can be bossy to you" she said into my shoulder and I laughed, releasing her

"Not a chance" I said laughing at her pout. But her teasing expression vanished when she looked at my eyes, a more serious expression dominating her face.

"Dawn were you crying?" she asked quietly finally noticing my puffy eyes and red cheeks. Biting my lips I looked down, embarrassed.

"Yeah, but it's no big deal" I said, suddenly finding my shoes more interesting in the moment. Her hand touch my shoulder and she quietly said

"You can talk to me about, you know if you want to" she said seriously. I sighed deciding that probably discussing it to another girl would be better.

"It's nothing actually, just some guy trouble" I mumbled. Sam's eyebrow rose in astonishment.

"You, Ms. I can have any boy I want, is having boy trouble? I have a hard time believing this. Wait is it with Mr. Hunky Indian boy that everyone was talking about?" she asked unbelievingly. I nodded my head solemnly, probably the only guy who wouldn't want me.

"That's impossible!" she said and went rambling on, but I didn't listen. My focus was entrapped in the forest behind me where I had a faint feeling someone was watching me. My senses perked up, my ears listening and sure enough I heard a faint heart beat about twenty yards away.

"Hello! Dawn aren't you listening?" Sam said in an exasperated voice.

"Shhh not now" I said still trying to hear, when I heard footsteps approaching. I knew I had to get Sam out of here immediately. Spinning around quickly I said quietly

"Sam I want you to run and go get Cheveyo as quickly as you ca-"and a loud growl erupted and a massive grey wolf jumped from the underbrush. Sam screamed and I yelled

"Go now!" I said pushing her in the opposite direction and immediately phased, quicker than I have ever phased before surprising even myself how I felt no pain with the transformation. Fully phased I growled at the wolf that was circling me, spotting my weakness, I remembered Cheveyo's training on the opponent.

He snapped his jaw at me and I snarled in my chest, warning him. Let him make the first attack, I thought remembering my training, he will probably go straight for your throat. And surly the wolf did, but I evaded and bit his neck instead, though not enough to do any damage.

The beast growled angrily and charged at me, I stood on my hind legs prepared for the attack and I scratch his eye before we began stumbling, rolling on each other both of us trying to attack at each other with our sharp teeth. Yet the grey wolf grabbed by my neck, hurtling me a good twenty feet landing with a sickening crack.

Standing up, I whimpered loudly when a flaming pain shot through my ankle. Crap! I think I broke it, I thought while using the support of my other three legs to lift me. The grey wolf sauntered nearer to me, an evil like grin on his face.

I began backing up when I realized that he had the advantage over me. Turning my head trying to find a place to escape I heard a loud snarl and smack the all too familiar brown wolf began fighting the grey wolf with aggression.

I sighed in relief, Cheveyo always had great timing. Cheveyo began biting, hitting, clawing at with so much brute strength that it was like watching a television series, amazing yet still frightening I couldn't fight as well. With one strike to the head the grey wolf stumbled back, it groaned and finally realizing that its opponent was too strong for him, retreated back into the woods.

I let my body slump to the floor, my worries dropping until I felt a tug at my tail and looked up to a very angry Cheveyo. He pointed his muzzle in the opposite direction and I froze with understanding. I stared back into the eyes of a pair of very frightened blue eyes that belonged to Sam. Holy Crap.

BUAHAHAHAHA =] COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT =P