3: Talking With Thomas

Who is ready for more yandere Bertholdt? I sure am! This chapter will (hopefully) be more interesting than the other two.

Let's do this!

-A week later-

(Your POV)

I never liked the vertical maneuver gear. 

Not only was I scared of heights, but I could never figure out how to dodge things...like trees. Or the titan dummies we practiced on. Or other people.

"I am so sorry," I apologized for the twentieth time as we left the nurses office. (do they actually have one of these? idk, let's just pretend they do.)

"I told you, (Y/n), it's fine," Thomas reassured me while rubbing his head. "It doesn't hurt that bad, honestly."

I knew that was a lie. I had crashed straight into him, and slammed him into an incoming tree branch, leaving a deep gash on his forehead. Even though it had been cleaned and wrapped up quickly, he still had a nasty headache.

"I still haven't figured out how to steer," I said as we walked to the dinning hall together. "I really need more practice."

"Why don't you ask Jean? He's really good at it."

I snorted. "Ask Horse Face for help? Yeah, that's not happening. I can't stand the guy," I said, and Thomas shrugged.

"Just giving a suggestion."

I grabbed a tray of food for myself, before grabbing a second one for Thomas. "Come on, let's go eat," I said, and he agreed.

Soon, we were both talking as we ate our lunch. Honestly, Thomas wasn't a bad guy. He wasn't the most optimistic one here, but he was still a pleasant conversationalist. I had never really spoken to him before now, and we got along surprisingly well.

"I want to join the garrison, too," I said. "Hey, maybe we could be in the same brigade. Then I'd be with someone I know. Seems like everyone else wants to join either the survey corps or the military police."

"I wanted to join the MPs as well," Thomas said. "But there is no way I'm making it into the top ten. Especially not when I'm completely against people like Reiner and Mikasa. She's like a freaking superhuman!"

"She's going to be number one for sure," I agreed.

As we talked and joked around, a certain brunette was watching, growing increasingly jealous as I 'flirted' with the blonde cadet.

I'd soon realize what a terrible mistake it was, talking to Thomas. 

A horrible, dreadful mistake.

~ ~ ~

(Bertholdt's POV)

When they first came in, I thought they were having a casual, innocent conversation. I wasn't going to get jealous every time (Y/n) interacted with another person. However, they sat down together. And they talked during lunch, with (Y/n) laughing and smiling, like she was enjoying his company.

No, I couldn't let that happen.

I wasn't going to be passed up by some blonde kid with freakishly thick sideburns. (Y/n) was mine, not his. He didn't love her as much as I did.

At first, I had hoped their spending lunch together was a one time thing. Unfortunately, there was no such luck.

They spend every meal together, and every day they seemed to get closer and closer. It was starting to make me go mad!

I watched as the two of them walked to practice together, both with those stupid grins on their faces. I tried to tell myself that it was just a friendship between them and nothing more, but it was getting harder and harder to convince myself.