Epilogue: Love You Forever

I can't believe this is almost over! I feel kind of sad, honestly. I really like writing this story. I hope you all like it just as much as me.

This takes place a couple of months after the last chapter.

Oh, and there are spoilers for those who haven't got to episode like 20-ish of the first season. I'm pretty sure most of you have gotten that far, but I'm warning you just in case.

(Your POV)

"(Y/n)," my fiance said, grabbing my hand. "Promise me you won't let yourself get hurt."

I gave him a reassuring smile. "Of course I won't get hurt, Bertholdt. You'll be with me, right?" I intertwined our fingers, and he brought my hand up to his mouth so he could kiss my knuckles.

"Of course I'll be with you," he said softly.

We had dated for a month, and even though I rarely left his field of vision, he was still convinced that I was cheating on him, which I wasn't, but he didn't believe me when I'm told him that I loved him. So, I decided to do the only thing I could think of to get him to trust me.

I brought up marriage once, and he immediately got the hint. Not even a week later he purposed to me, and I said yes. He didn't seem suspicious of me at all anymore, for which I was grateful. I didn't want him to hurt anyone else just because of me.

I still felt guilty for the other cadets' death, but at least I could prevent him from killing anyone else. Sacrificing my freedom for the live of others seemed like a good trade.

"Why are you being so quiet, my (Y/n)? Are you scared?" He asked, concern in his voice. "I swear, I'll kill every titan that gets near you."

I forced myself to smile. We were about to go on an expedition outside the walls - our first as the newest members of the survey corps. I had joined so I could be with my fiance, even though I wanted to join the garrison regiment.

"Aww...you are scared, aren't you? Don't worry, (Y/n). I'm here." He pulled me into a hug, and I had a quick flashback to when I had discovered Jean's corpse, but I pushed the thought out of my mind. I couldn't dwell on the past. I couldn't change it. All I could do was prevent it from happening again.

"I know," I whispered, pulling away. "We...need to get ready."

He nodded, and we both parted ways. It was a rare occasion when I wasn't within a ten foot radius of Bertholdt, and I enjoyed the brief moment of freedom.

I climbed onto my horse, and looked ahead, to where the wall stood, blocking out the sky. I was absolutely terrified, but I knew that Bertholdt would protect me. He would do anything for me, and I mean anything. I didn't take advantage of him because of that, of course.

I gripped my horse's reins, taking a deep breath.

This wasn't my first time facing titans, but that didn't make it any less nerve wracking.

~ ~ ~

(Bertholdt's POV)

(Y/n) was two rows in front of me when we started, but now she was too my left, and I kept one eye on her the whole entire time.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a cloud of billowing red smoke in the sky.

Titan. I need to protect (Y/n).

I kept one hand on the hilt of my blade, but I didn't break the formation. Not yet, anyway. No, I had to wait until the titan was close enough.

Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud.