2: Training

Hello, my lovely little readers! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

(Your POV)

"You need to move quicker than that," Reiner said as I once again failed to dodge his attack. "You shouldn't keep your feet planted together like that, since it makes you easier to knock over. Try to keep them farther apart, and also try to anticipate my next move, so you can avoid it."

I let out a huff of frustration, but nodded to show that I was listening. When it came to hand-to-hand combat, I definitely wasn't the most skilled. Like, at all. Even Armin could take me out.

"Let's try that again," Reiner said, and ran at me. This time, I did what he said. I knew that he usually tried to aim for my left side, so I moved to the right. He clipped my shoulder, knocking me to the ground with a loud thud. I landed on my butt, momentarily getting the wind knocked out of me.

I let out a groan of pain, and Reiner looked down at me with an amused smirk. "You almost dodged me that time," he said, and reached down to help me up. I took his hand and he helped me to my feet. I dusted off my white pants as best I could. Who's idea was it for us to wear white, again?

"Maybe we should take a break," I suggested. "I could use some water, and some time to catch my breath. I'm not as athletic as you, remember."

He chuckled. "Go ahead, take a break. I can go train with Bertholdt for a little bit." 

The blonde walked away, and I let out a sigh. Why did I struggled so much with this? I wasn't really cut out to be a soldier. The only reason I was hear was because I had no where else to go. My family was gone, my friends were gone. For some reason, I was the only one that had survived. Why me? I wasn't anything special. I didn't deserve to survive while everyone else perished.

So now, all I could do with my life was right. Fight until I die.

~ ~ ~

(Bertholdt's POV)

I scowled at my friend as he walked over to me. "Why the heck did you do that?" I snapped when he was close enough to talk to without me having to shout at him.

He looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"You hurt her!" I growled, my fists clenching tightly at my sides. I had never been this angry before. Of course, I would never actually hurt one of my only friends, but I sure was imagining it. For some reason, I was very protective of (Y/n).

Reiner held his hands up in defeat. "Okay, relax. I'll let her take me out next time, alright? Don't bite my head off, man, geez."

I let my body relax out of its fighting stance. "Sorry," I said quietly, and he shrugged it off.

"Whatever, it's cool."

I glanced over at the (h/c) beauty, my heart melting at the sight of her. She's so perfect, isn't she? Wait, why is she.... My brows furrowed into a frown when I noticed she was crying.

I walked over to her, hesitant. "H-Hey, are y-you okay?" I asked nervously.

She wiped her eyes quickly, as if she could hide the fact that she was crying from me. "Yeah, I'm fine. Excuse me." She walked past me, her head bowed. Her shoulder brushed against my arm as she passed me.

My eyes widened as I felt sparks fly between us at the brief yet heavenly touch. Time seemed to slow down as I turned to watch her retreating frame. That was the first time she had ever touched me. I would treasure this moment forever, as long as I lived.

"(Y-Y/n)...." I whispered, gently running my fingers over the place where she touched me. I wanted her to touch me again...no clothes in the way.... (whoa whoa whoa buddy, hold up. No lemons yet big guy, hold your horses)

A slightly insane smile crept into my face, contorting it in a way that had never happened before. What was this weird feeling? Was it love?

Yes...it must be love.

I let out a dreamy sigh as I watched her walk away. "Oh (Y/n)...." I said to myself, my voice filled with adoration. "I promise, we'll be together. Even if I have to kill everyone here to do it."

I followed her as she walked over to the nearest tree and sat down under it. Luckily, Shadis wasn't around to catch us slacking off.

"Why did you follow me?" She asked softly.

"You...you were crying."

She furiously wiped away her tears, staining her face with dirt. It did nothing to cover her beauty. "I'm fine, really. Just a bit sick of losing. I suck at hand to hand combat."

"It doesn't count for our final grade," I said, and she looked up at me.

"Really?" She asked, her eyes filling with relief when I nodded. "Thank goodness, because if it did, I'd be screwed. Thanks, Bertholdt."

I blushed and looked away. "Yeah...no problem."

She hurried back over to Reiner, ready to give it another go. I watched her, letting out a soft whimper of longing. I wanted her to mine, and I wanted her now.

No, I couldn't rush things. She didn't know yet.

She didn't know that we were meant to be.

Don't worry, (Y/n)...I'll wait for you. I'll protect you, too. I'll protect any idiotic boy that tries to get in our way. Oh...(Y/n)....

Is this horrible? Sorry about that. It'll get more interesting later.

Hey, can I ask you a favor?

Would you be oh-so-kind and check out my new book, Obsession? It's the first book in my newest series My Yandere. I've only published one chapter so far, but I'm almost done with the next one, and it will be out soon! It's much better than this story, trust me!

Anyway, I'll stop with the self-promotions. You don't really need to read it, but I think it's good, and I'd love your feedback.