9: Surprise Confession

^^Isn't that beautiful? I don't know who made it, but I absolutely love it! It's super cool, but also makes me want to cry at the same time.

Guys, the next chapter is the last one (Nooo). It seems like I just started this! Anyway, let's get on with this. Lots of drama in this chapter. Oh yeah, and crying.

Gotta love that, right?

(Your POV)

I tried to act as normal as possible, like I wasn't aware that he was some kind of serial killer. That's harder than it sounds.

"Relax," Bertholdt said, squeezing my hand gently. It was sweaty, which wasn't really a surprise.

How could hands so soft and warm kill someone? I thought to myself as he led me down a familiar path. Wait, he is being me to where Mina's corpse is? Is he going to kill me in the same place? I can't run, it's too late for that. He's faster than me. Oh crap, this is bad...so bad....

He gave me a shy smile.

"You...you...." he stammered, suddenly going scarlet. "Y-You look...r-r-really pretty tonight!" He blurted out, and looked away from me to hide his obvious blush.

Wait...what?

I stopped, and he did, too.

"Do you...like me?" I asked, confusion evident on my face. Why would he kill me if he liked me? That didn't make sense. Unless he was trying to get me to put my guard down.

He covered his face with his hands. "M-M-Maybe!"

I took a step back. This was my chance. I could run.

My legs didn't move.

He risked a look at me, his face burning. "D-Do you like me back, (Y/n)?"

I opened my mouth to answer, but no words came out. What was I supposed to say?

He grabbed my hand and began to drag me to the stables. I held back a cry of fear as we neared the place of Mina's demise. Would I did there, too?

Everything was so overwhelming. Questions spun in my mind, making me dizzy. I felt my heart racing as we neared Mina's dead body.

He suddenly stopped, right in front of her lifeless body, and I began to sob.

"She was my friend!" I cried, and he pulled me into his arms. I was too broken to fight back. Even if he did kill me, I didn't care any more. Everyone I cared about was dead, anyway.

"I know the killer is still around," he said, nuzzling my hair tenderly. "This is why I want you to stay by my side. I need to protect you."

Suddenly, everything made sense in my mind.

He loves me. He killed everyone. He killed Thomas, since we liked each other, and he was jealous. He killed Jean, because he was competition. Did he see us hugging? Or did he see when Jean kissed my forehead? And Mina...he killed her to prove that I needed to stay by his side.

He did all of this to manipulate me, to get me to fall for him.

He's gone insane.

I pushed him away, and he blinked, looking confused.

(Y-Y/n)?" He asked nervously.

"You're sick," I whispered, my voice breaking. "If you wanted me to like you, all you needed to do was talk to me. I liked you the whole time. There was no need for all of this to happen. Jean and Mina were my friends. Some of my only friends. And Thomas...yes, I liked him, but I only perused him because you avoided me. All of these deaths could've been avoided if you weren't such a coward!"

What started as a shaky whisper turned into a shout.

I had stopped crying, but I knew my eyes were still red.

"Mina didn't even do anything!" I cried out, and I turned to look at her, with her blood stained shirt and the blank look on her face. "She's was completely innocent," I said, my voice tight. "You killed her for no reason! You're insane, you freak!" I screamed.

I turned to run, but he caught me by the wrist.

I struggled to escape his firm grip in vain. I refused to die today. Not at Bertholdt's hand.

"Stop," he pleaded, grabbing me by the shoulders to keep me still. "Don't run, please. I didn't mean to upset you, (Y/n)." He sounded almost as upset as me. I squeezed my eyes shut so I wouldn't need to see the look of pain in his green eyes.

"Why, are you going to kill me, too?"

His grip on my arms tightened ever so slightly. "No, never. I don't want anyone to hurt you, (Y/n). I promised to protect you, remember?"

"You killed them," I whispered, no longer able to find the strength to be angry.

"I didn't want to lose you," he said, and let go of my arm with one hand, only to stroke my cheek. "You're just...too perfect. I need you."

He tilted my chin back, so our eyes met. He studied me for a minute, like he was trying to memorize every feature on my face. Then, ever so slowly, he moved closer, his lips parting. I knew he was going to kiss me, and for some reason, I didn't try to fight it.

Was it because I still liked him, deep down, or was it because I was scared of what he might do if I refused to kiss him? I'm not sure, maybe a mix of both.

He had to lean down a lot, since he was so much taller than me. Our lips brushed, and I shivered at the sensation of his warm breath on my skin. He softly, hesitantly pressed his lips against mine, stealing my breath away. His fingers wove themselves into my hair, and he tugged on it gently, making me gasp. He slid his tongue into my mouth for a quick second before he pulled away.

His sweet yet manly taste lingered on my tongue. I looked up at him, slightly dazed.

He was blushing so hard, I thought his skin might burn off. "Sorry!" He cried, averting his gaze. "I didn't mean to do that!"

"I-It's...fine."

He let out a breath of relief. "Good, I'm glad I didn't frighten you." He grabbed my hand, and led me back to the dorms. He refused to meet my gaze.

"What are we doing?" I asked.

"I...I...." he turned to look at me, adoration glowing in his forest green orbs. "I want to prove to you...how much I love you. I want to make you happy."

He kissed me again, but it felt different this time. It wasn't soft and sweet, like the last one. It was hungry and needy. His hands grabbed at my shirt, and I gasped, breaking the kiss.

"B-Bertholdt," I breathed, my eyes huge. "W-We can't-!"

He quickly shut me up by kissing my collarbone, sending sparks through me. I wanted to hate it, but his lips felt so good. I felt myself melting into his touch against my will.

"Shh...(Y/n)...don't fight me, please. All I want is to make you happy, to make you feel good. Let me pleasure you, (Y/n). I'll do whatever you wish."

"Why are you doing this?" I cried as he began to suck on the base of my neck, holding me tightly so I couldn't escape him, no matter what I did.

"Isn't it obvious, (Y/n)? It's because...I love you."

Aww, he's so cute! Well, maybe not when he's killing people, but that's not the point.

Heads up, there will be a lemon in the next chapter. If you don't want to read it, just skip over it and read the epilogue.

Question: which titan shifter is your favorite?

My favorite titan is the Armored Titan, but I technically like the Colossal Titan more (obviously).