1 9

reading back and i realized how this chapter could be triggering for others, so trigger warning (bullying/violence)!  //

mike and violet pulled away from each other, gasping for breaths and gazing into each other's eyes. mike's hands were still attached to her face, holding it gently.

"i'm sorry," he whispered.

"mike, stop apologizing."

"no, i mean, first of all, i never should've even let the thought of troy being right about something get in my head. second, i was angry way too quickly. i never should've gotten jealous or heated that fast especially without any explanation. third, look at your eyes, your skin color. i did that to you- i feel awful!"

violet crept her hand between his arms and held his cheek softly with a small smile of relieving happiness. "mike stop," she softly whispered. "i love you so much, okay?"

"i love you too."

"mike.. promise me something." her eyes sort of fell, showing her more serious face. mike nodded for her to go on. "promise me.. we'll never hurt each other again? no matter what, okay?"

mike nodded slowly. "i promise." he sent her another quick kiss before the librarian shooed them out. they looked at each other and laughed once they made it out.

mike grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers before pulling her along. they walked inside the hallway and violet looked over at a couple girls by their lockers.

"hey, mike, i'll be right back, okay?" she smiled and skipped over to her friends when mike nodded, him heading over to his locker where lucas, dustin and will stood.

"so, i see you and violet are back together," lucas snickered, nudging will in the side. will looked awkward.

"yeah, we are."

"i'm happy for you two. oh, shit-" dustin suddenly hit mike's arms rapidly, making mike hit back before dustin grabbed him and spun his around. mike couldn't believe his eyes.

troy walked over behind violet, violet looking too late before he shoved her to the ground.

"hey, leave her alone!" mike ran up but james managed to stop him by shoving him back into lucas and dustin.

"shut it, frogface."

violet perched herself up, blinking open her eyes to see troy standing over her. she noticed troy's lips curve into a mischievous smirk.

"it's nice to see you again, scars."

violet swallowed and shook her head quickly, denying his accusation. "w-what are you talking about?"

"oh cut the bullshit. i'm surprised none of your 'friends' noticed, some friends they are!" troy laughed mockingly. "i will admit at first i thought you were new, but i remembered your eyes, your stupid face and your whiny personality, you were painfully obvious."

"shut up, shut the hell up!" violet felt tears line her eyes. she looked at mike for help. "he's lying! i don't know who scars is!"

mike slowly backed up from her, looking down. was he letting troy get into his head again?

"mike, take a look at her. ever see those familiar eyes and wonder who she was? didn't you crush on this girl? how do you not remember her?"

violet's heart sank as she watched mike fall for his trick. his truthful trick.

"a-alexis?" mike questioned, swallowing his emotions. dustin looked angry and lucas folded his arms. will looked sad.

violet managed suddenly stand, holding her hands up in surrender. "mike, i wanted to tell you- but it would've been-"

"you lied to me. you manipulated me.. us!" mike pointed to mike, dustin and will. "you lied to us! who does that?!"

"mike-"

mike held his hand up to stop her from speaking, running off down the hall and taking a left, the other boys following him.

violet felt tears slip down her cheeks.

"oh, no," troy cynically said and pouted. "did i do something bad?" he laughed mockingly.

"you're such an asshole troy," violet murmured, turning her head slowly to him. she looked full of anger, yet the tears were so clear as they fell.

"i was originally going to do it when you were with toothless alone but this was much more amazing."

"screw you."

"poor poor scars. look everyone, she's back! i wonder, you got any more scars or did you leave them with the life you didn't lie about before?"

"fuck you!" she yelled, her voice parched from the crying. "what is wrong with you?!"

people were leaving, but some were concerned when troy suddenly attacked violet, sending her to the ground. he didn't care for the, "you can't hit girls rule." he had smacked her to the ground and began kicking her stomach.

violet felt the pain too quickly and too rough, her air had been knocked out. james hadn't joined in, she noticed that. he looked sort of scared of troy.

troy was insane by now, he had dumped someone's bag of stuff on her and kicked once more, one at her face which made he lip bleed quickly but it had missed the top half of her face.

violet could only see black bubbles filling her vision, she hadn't felt this type of pain before. it was a lot, it was very very painful. almost- death like.

was this it? was it her time? was she going to go down to a bully?

"what is going- troy harrington! get off her right now! office!"

violet could hear screaming and yelling, but it sounded quiet to her. she knew they were loud, but her ears had popped from impact and she could barely hear anything anymore.

she could taste the blood that ran down her nose and came from her lip. she never thought the taste of blood was bad despite it tasting metallic, but there was too much, and a lot was gross.

violet felt herself falling out of conciousness before she felt herself being picked up, yet she couldn't see or hear properly. all she could do was groan in pain.

"shit, i've got you," they said. "shit, don't fall asleep."

"..who?" she whispered.

"just stay awake!"

she didn't feel much, she could just feel herself fading as she was laid down on something comfortable, a blanket rising up to her chest. something like a mask covered her nose and mouth. more muffled yelling.

she could only feel herself drifting to sleep.