72 3 0

max and violet had spent the entire previous day together, sharing that milkshake violet owed, violet practicing skating on max's board, and gossiping about boys and girls.

violet loved max, she was really sweet but also tough enough to stick up for herself and friends. she needed someone like her in her life, a new friend. a female friend.

but it was morning now, violet had woken up in her bed, stretching her arms out. she yawned and smiled just thinking about yesterday. she had a lot of fun.

she went downstairs, ate breakfast before trotting back upstairs to shower and put on a new set of clothes.

violet walked to school, a normal pace. she sighed, looking up to see the party trailing to school. she caught up just about the time they had gotten to school and mike had seen her.

he stopped and waited for her while the others walked inside. "hey, vi-" he stopped his words, to step up and hold her face in his hands, inspecting her lip closely. "violet, what happened?!"

violet's face was heating up, their faces were close. she scanned the sky nervously before trailing her eyes down back into mike's. the butterflies hit both of their stomachs, violet swallowed nervously.

violet shook her head and smiled. "i'm fine, mike. i just.. i just fell is all."

"you're lying." he shifted his eyes from her lip to his eyes, "you paused."

she bit her lip and shut her eyes in defeat, blinking them open and looked at mike. "i.. was tripped," she whispered.

"by who?" mike folded his arms. violet mentally smirked. he was getting defensive over her.

"why does it matter?" violet quietly asked. "i'm sure i will heal quickly.."

"shut up vi," he blurted, unfolding his arms. "you're important, especially to me. it matters because i care about you. i love you, okay?"

butterflies made violet struggle to speak, she was shocked. mike had noticed and he knew why, he had dropped the "l bomb" without realizing so soon.

"violet?" mike asked, waving his hand in front of her face.

violet did the unthinkable. she cupped  his face so quickly and pressed their lips together. his eyes shot open before closing after, he was shocked.

mike hands were a tad sweaty before he lifted his left hand to hold the side of her face before they pulled away.

violet bit her lip and squeezed her fists as they fell to her sides, realizing exactly what she had done. it wasn't like this was their first kiss, but it felt like their first kiss, their first official kiss.

his brown eyes met her blue ones, her eyes full of panic mixed with worry.

"i didn't mean-"

mike cut her off, connecting their lips again as he was quite hungry to kiss her again. he loved the feeling of her soft lips, the way their lips felt comfortable with each other. he loved her.

"it's okay," mike whispered to her, pulling their heads away slowly.

"violet?" mike questioned, her head popping back up with a smile. "do you want to be my girlfriend?"

pink had spread across her face and she grinned widely, jumping onto mike and nodding. mike held her tightly, picking her up and setting her down again.

mike scanned her face, lifting an eyebrow. "you never told me who."

violet rolled her eyes and sighed, knowing he'll find out later anyway. she muttered the name underneath her breath, mike obviously being unable to hear her. "what was that?"

"troy," violet confessed, looking away to avoid mike's reaction.

mike felt anger creeping under his skin. "how?"

"he.. tripped me. on my way out yesterday while i was trying to catch up with you." violet looked down, mumbles coming from her mouth, "and then he stopped me from breathing for a few seconds.." her head shot up. "but then this girl named max helped me and chased him off so it's okay!"

"you know, no matter what you say, that asshole will pay," mike said, irritation in his voice. he rose an eyebrow, crossing his arms.

"no, mike, it's fine," she begged the boy, tugging on his sleeve.

a sigh escaped his lips before he rolled his eyes and grabbed her hand. "for now." a smile of relief found her lips.

the bell rang, signaling that they were late. the two walked to class, letting go whenever they hit the door and they seperated to their seats.

both of them were reminded of what mike had asked.

they were officially dating now.