1 7

violet sighed, laying her arms on her legs as she impatiently waited in mike's basement. she had woken up and there was no sign of mike nor have the boys saw him today. she was worried.

the door crept open and violet's head whipped towards it. her eyes brightened. she jumped up, hugging him tightly. "oh, mike, there you are! what happened? where'd you go?"

violet heard his fast heartbeat and his heavy, quick breathing. she was confused, even more after he pried her off, softly apologizing. she was lost.

"what is it?" violet stood back, holding the sides of her arms while she scanned his face.

"i- i just. i need time alone right now," he murmured, heading upstairs quickly.

"mike," she whispered, sadness filling her body. she knew staying at his house would be a problem, that they weren't 'ready' she supposed.

she clenched her fists, obviously slightly upset by this that she wanted to scream, but she couldn't. she kept her gaze at the ground, she felt the thin vines start curling around her hands while she scanned her hands. she shook them off and turned away. "no!"

why was mike acting so unusual? did he hate her by any chance? were they going to break up so early in their relationship?

why did her life sound so much like a boring soap opera that no one would like to watch? she felt tears line the bottom of her eyelids. "i'm just a crybaby," she whispered.

she took a deep breath and turned around, heading for the door and exited, not even caring to close it. she took off, wind through her air. she just ran.

"just run," she told herself. "just run until no one knows of your existence."

--

dustin whistled calmly, his eyes shut while he walked down the empty sidewalk back towards his home. his hands were stuffed in his pockets.

suddenly, a familiar girl bumped into him, causing them both to fall. "woah!" dustin rubbed his head, standing up and helping the girl up. "vi?"

he noticed the girl rubbing her eyes and looking away but taking his hand and standing up. he knew she had been crying. "woah, what's wrong?"

she sighed, trying to blink away the forming tears and her red, puffy eyes. dustin grabbed her hands gently, stopping her hands from rubbing her eyes. "hey- stop. i've already seen them. what's wrong- did someone do something to you?" dustin knew. "what the hell did mike do now?"

"i told him the truth about her so she's probably crying over that dumb shit," someone answered from the shadows.

violet and dustin turned their heads, frowning at the sight. "troy."

"toothless. crybaby."

violet's blood began rushing, she pulled herself from dustin's hands to leap at troy, but dustin quickly knew what she would do and held her back. "what truth are you talking about?! what the hell did you tell him asshole?!"

"troy, what did you say to him?" dustin commanded an answer, yet his voice calm. "and wipe that stupid smug smirk off your face."

he rolled his eyes at dustin, crossing his arms while he leaned on a closeby sign. "oh, you know.. how you're a slut," he slurred, "that you dated me. that you're just using him."

violet slowly let herself fall in dustin's arms to the ground, tears streaming down her face.

"toothless, get crybaby-"

"that isn't my name, and it isn't hers. why did you lie to mike? you should know his brain is stupid."

"because she'd be better off without him and with me instead." troy smirked at the girl, flipping his hair to the side. "plus i knew it'd mess with mike's mind."