1 5

SATURDAY, VIOLET'S PARTY.

THREE PM.

violet scanned herself in the mirror, twirling once as the thin ruffles on her dress flew in the air. she smiled, she thought she really did look cute.

"oh, honey, you look so nice!" violet's mother complimented, violet looking at her mother with a smile.

violet's cheeks lightly tinted pink. "thanks, mom."

"oh my," she awed at her daughter. "i think even mike will love you."

violet managed to hide her slight fear, but internally, she was both confused and scared. did her mom know they were dating? did mike tell her?

violet anxiously smiled. "mike? why him?"

"he seems to care about you, a lot. i think he likes you. he came around that day you left to the quarry to try and find you. he looked scared. plus, i've seen the way he looks at you."

"oh," violet giggled nervously, "right."

the doorbell rang and her mother spun around. "have to get that, be down soon."

violet let out a breath and decided to put on light makeup, making sure it was not too noticeable.

--

mike and his mother, who was carrying holly, arrived at the hyde house, mike wearing a clean beige jacket similar to the one he wore at the snowball.

violet's mother greeted the three, welcoming them in as mike waited below the stairs.

"violet is upstairs, i'm sure she'll be downstairs soon," candace said, smiling at mike. mike nodded and waited, biting his inner cheek.

mike set his present on the counter and waited, he was nervous. he knew she was going to look beautiful.

mike heard footsteps and looked up the stairs, seeing his girlfriend. a smile of awe found his face and he watched her move from the stairs to in front of him. "wow."

"wow yourself," she giggled. her voice snapped him out of his thoughts. his cheeks flushed red and his hand reached up to rub his neck nervously.

"you're cute when you're flustered," she flirtatiously whispered.

"shut up," he laughed, "happy birthday, vi."

she laughed lightly and thanked him.

"have you told your mom about us yet?" mike asked, leaning to her ear and stuffing his hands in his khaki pant pockets.

"no, but since i haven't, we're free to do whatever we want," she whispered, sending him a wink, staring into his eyes.

mike felt a lump in his throat, he felt himself heating up as his eyes wandered to look elsewhere.

"you're so cute when you're flustered, i'm glad i can do that. anyway," she rang in a song voice, taking mike's hand. "let's head upstairs while we wait for the others."

violet let him to her room, she closed the door behind them and mike sat down on her bed, she trotted over to sit beside him. "seriously, mike. you look amazing in that outfit."

mike smirked at her, noticing her peachy cheeks and pinched one slightly. "now you're the one with pink cheeks."

"stop!" she giggled, trying to push his hand off. mike smiled, he didn't stop pinching her cheek but he held it softly, staring into her eyes.

her hands were on his, holding his hand while it held her. he snuck a glance at her lips. soft, he thought.

mike trailed his eyes up back to hers, noticing that familiar look in them again. they sparkled. their smiles faded to soft look. their hearts fluttered and they leaned in.