Cassie's Lullaby and A Possible Re-Write

Hello Angelkins!

How have all of you been?! I know that I was a total hard ass bitch the last time I posted on here. I said that there would possibly be a sequel or an epilogue and now you all probably hate me because that was literally months ago and if it wasn't obvious then, it's obvious now that a sequel/epilogue probably isn't ever going to happen. 

However, our dear @MollyNight has somehow managed to convince me that a re-write would be wise. I see where she is coming from as I did put in countless hours of my time and energy into this book. My grades suffered because I was more into this book than school and I stayed awake most nights just trying to finish that last little bit of the latest chapter. I will not be deleting the current version. I will create a new one, Strings 2.0 if you will.

In the re-write, it will not be a One Direction FanFiction. I repeat: No One Direction. 

How is that going to work? 

Answer: I f.ucking rock, that's how. The majority of the plot will stay the same but all One Direction references will be taken out. 

What about the more violent sex scenes?

Answer: It has also been brought to my attention that there were parts (specifically Chapter 14) that glorify 'rape culture'. I have re-read those pieces recently and I am completely mortified of those similarities. Strings was never meant to identify with that kind of culture in reference to Cassie's new and healing relationship with Harry. Many pieces (like Chapter 14) will be changed drastically in the re-write. It will be longer than the original and have a plot line that is void of the many holes found in the current version.

When will it be out?

Answer: My sole focus right now is to finish the Sonata(s) and further develop Darien's story. After I am content with that "series" I will revert my focus to Strings Attached with Cassie and Harry.

Will Harry's character still sing Cassie's Lullaby to her?

Answer: Of f.ucking course. It's her goddamn lullaby. I spent three f.ucking days writing that shit. I'm not going to delete it now lol. Outside of my efforts though, I do believe that it adds to Cassie and Harry's relationship and helps them to grow. So long story short, it's staying.

What does Cassie's Lullaby sound like?

Answer: Recently, for no reason other than to feed my ego (sorry, can't help it. I'm f.ucking human) I went on YouTube and searched "Sonata FanFiction" and "Strings Attached FanFiction" aside from my GORGEOUS Sonata trailer made for me by @anonymous_28 , there was a life altering rendition of Cassie's Lullaby. Now, the artistsent me a link to this video like 9 months ago and I lost the message, so I had no idea it existed until now. I'm going to go back through and link it up with other chapters so that more people can hear it as Strings makes it rounds on WattPad.

Where can we find the link?

Answer: The sidebar (above this chapter if on mobile) bitches. I wouldn't dangle a piece of candy in front of you and then not deliver. Hello, I'm a bitch but I'm not cruel. @tianamudkip is a fucking genius.

Who will replace Harry in the re-write?

Answer: Not a damn clue but y'all will be the first to know.

In conclusion: I hope that this "update" has answered some of y'alls questions! Feel free to comment more and I will do my best to answer them. Who ever the goddess is that created that ASTONISHING rendition of Cassie's Lullaby, you turned my drawn out Sonnet into a masterpiece. I bow down to you. 

I hope to see you all soon-ish.

Best Wishes,

Elle