23. Take Me Home

(Oi! Author's Notes are at the ends of the chapters! Read em please!!! Also check out the side bar for pictures of Cassie, Harry, Adrien and Gwen!)

Cassie's POV:

 "Stop," I whined, half-heartedly smacking his hands away. Harry had refused to let me sleep all night and I was ready to kill him. He kept poking me or prodding me, hell, half an hour ago he had forced me into the shower, blasting the cold water until I smacked the shit out of him. Now I was shaking, exhausted, freezing, bruised, pissed off and my head was killing me.

"I'm sorry, Angel, but you can't fall asleep. Doctor's orders." I had refused to go to the hospital so Harry had settled for calling a family friend. He had seemed to think that I could have a concussion, hence the irritating lack of sleep. If he forced me to stay up another minute I swore I was gong to transform into demon spawn. My head was killing me and all I wanted to do was turn the world and my brain off for a couple hours.

What's worse? Adrien called every two hours. Harry wrote it off as just a concerned Good Samaritan but I knew the truth. He was checking to make sure I was alive enough to torture further the next time he saw me. If I died after the first round, his little game would be over and I'd be free. God, I wanted to be free.

Tears sprang to my eyes and I struggled to blink them away.

"Come on, Cass. You can do this. Just a little while longer. You can't go to sleep."

"Watch me," I grumbled, flipping onto my other side, turning my back to him.

"Only a few more hours, I swear," he reasoned. A soft glow was already illuminating the London skyline outside. He'd literally managed to keep me up for almost twenty-four hours straight.

 "Nope, I give up. If I die, I die. At least then I'll be able to sleep." I could feel his green-eyed glare bore into the back of my skull but I kept my eyes squeezed tightly shut. I was going to sleep, there was nothing he could do to keep me up any longer.

"Don't make me get the ice," he hummed, teasingly twirling a bit of my hair around his long fingers. My eyes snapped open and I turned to glare at him. First the shower, now ice? He was trying to give me hypothermia.

"You wouldn't."

"Try me."

"One of these days, Styles. One of these days I'm going to kill you."

"You'd miss me too much."

"I'd sleep it off."

"Easy, Angel. Words can hurt," he grinned, pecking me on the forehead. I tensed, flinching away.

His face fell and he reached out to cup my cheek, "What do I have to do to prove to you that I'd never hurt you?"

I knew he was serious but I didn't want to think about that right now, everything already hurt enough, the last thing I wanted was to tack on emotional turmoil. Instead of giving him the answer he was looking for, I managed a grin, "Let me sleep."

His jaw tensed, but otherwise he pretended he hadn't noticed my aversion.

"I guess I'll have to play the villain a while longer then," he assented, shrugging slightly. We sat in silence for a few moments, his forest gaze never leaving me. Finally, I'd had enough.

"If you won't let me sleep, then the least you can do is make me something to eat," I grumbled, throwing my legs over the edge of the bed, easing my body upright. Black spots swam into my vision as my blood rushed to even out.

"What would you like?" He chuckled, coming over to steady me.

"Grilled cheese."

"Your wish, my command," he started to head out towards the kitchen. When I didn't follow, he stopped, turning to look questioningly at me.