Chapter 15: Reunions

• Dedicated to Max Green <3 maxie come backk

Chapter 15:

"Guys... what the fuck are we going to do?" Cameron asked, cradling his heavy head in his both of his blood covered hands. I walked over slowly and sat down next to him, feeling empathic about his tragic situation: the horrific loss of his little sister.

"We need to split up and find a way out," Jay stated confidently, cradling Kylie to his chest while she continued to cry hysterically. Jeremy had sunk down to the grimy floor, examining his foot which was covered in both dried and fresh blood, and missing a few toes. Collin was leaning tiredly against a wall, rubbing his bloodshot eyes while Tristen was examining all the crazy weapons in the room around us.

"Right, lets split up. I mean, that always fucking works in the movies, right?" Collin exclaimed sarcastically, and I cringed at his harsh tone. He also just lost a younger sibling in a tragic way, so I understood his mean attitude to an extent.

Jay narrowed his eyes at Collin but didn't say anything in response; I guess the exhaustion was enough to keep the boys from fighting, this time.

"Like staying in a big group is helping?" I mumbled, causing everyone to turn their attention over to me.

"I hate to disagree with you man but they're right," Tristen also piped up, nodding along to my bitter statement with a thoughtful frown.

"We're getting picked off one by fucking one, doesn't matter that we've stuck together."

"We're easier to prey on when we're alone," Collin argued, pinching the bridge of his nose like he had a roaring headache, which I'm sure he did. We hadn't eaten anything or had proper sleep in who knows how long, so headaches were surely inevitable.

"Why are we even listening to this guy?" Jeremy spoke up, to which Jay agreed almost immediately and they both glared resentfully at Collin.

I cringed a little; if Nick were still alive there would be no questioning Collin's natural urge to take leadership, because people didn't usually argue with Nick's aggressive attitude and strong physique.

"He's gotten us nowhere," Jay added, and I could suddenly feel a fight brewing, one that surely wouldn't just fizzle out on its own.

"And what the fuck have you done to help?" Collin sniped, finally pushing himself off the wall he was leaning against.

"Stop! What is wrong with men!" Kylie screeched, making my head pound instantly at the scratchiness of her voice.

She certainly wasn't the kind of girl I would want to hang out with outside of this strange situation.

"What does me being a man have to do with it?!" Collin raised his voice, as things quickly began spiraling out of reasonable control. Jay and Collin subconsciously moved closer to one another as if gearing up to fight, but I decided enough was enough; despite my raging headache, I stepped in between them with a hand laid gently on Collin's chest.

"You're great at talking Collin, you're just not good at listening," I explained, and his expression softened slightly. A rogue tear seemed to fall from the corner of his eye, rolling down his cheek and leaving a salty little trail on his skin.

"At first staying together sounded good, but its only making us a big target, it's not doing anything to help us. We. Need. To. Split. Up." Tristen added, earning an exasperated groan in response.

"Fine! Fine... we can split up then," Collin shouted back, moving away from everybody, and sinking to the ground to put his head in his trembling hands.

He was obviously overwhelmed and hurting; I suddenly felt guilty for bringing him into this situation.

"Ok... we at least need people who know what they're doing in each group. Tristen and Kylie will be a group, Me and Jay will be a group, and Cameron, Jeremy and Emily will be a group.... got it?" Collin ordered wearily, and everybody nodded their head before forming their groups.