Chapter 4: Little Porcelain Girl

Chapter 4:

"Brianna?" Lily whimpered, stepping closer to the little girl's sitting figure. Hayley was already weeping loudly, hot salty tears just falling onto the fluffy white carpet. Jacob stood frozen in place, staring at what we originally thought was a little girl. I walked around to see if it really was her, and it was easy to tell right away that it was.

Her familiar face was covered in powdery white makeup; there was bright pink makeup on her cheek bones, making it look like she had blushing features. Brianna's hollowed eye sockets were outlined in heavy black eyeliner, and red lipstick was messily smothered on her plump lips to form a doll like pout.

She was wearing a childlike, white frilly dress that she certainly hadn't been wearing when they arrived at the haunted house. For some reason she seemed way shorter than her usual five-foot five frame, so I took one for the team and stepped forward to gently lift her dress to see why.

Brianna's legs were completely fucking gone.

Jacob started to lightly sob, and Tristen gagged at the gory stubs that her legs once were. There was blood splattered all over the chair and the floor in front of her, which was extremely hard for me to look at. What was left of her injured legs were wrapped tightly in blood-soaked bandages, which were obviously useless for anything other than containing a small portion of the gory mess. The frilly dress she was wearing had fell just to where you couldn't see them, like someone had intended to hide them.

The smell was atrocious, it was like nothing I had ever smelled before, almost what I would imagine raw meat that was left out in the sun to stink like.

"Brianna?" Lily called out hopefully, hanging onto Nick's muscular arm tightly. There was nothing but eerie silence in response.

She was dead, and still none of us wanted to admit it.

Hot salty tears ran down my cheeks then, and I quickly wiped them with my long sleeve. Everybody seemed to be crying because of Brianna's tragic death, and then I suddenly noticed a figure standing by the door frame in the dark, with a sinister smirk on his pale face.

Ryan.

"Aw, that's sad," he spoke up sarcastically, instantly earning everyone's attention. Jacob shot him a glare of pure hatred, and I watched as he lost his cool, I could tell by his facial expressions before he lunged right at him. Ryan was out of harm's way in a mere second, somehow already all the way across the room.

"You bastard, you fucking did this didn't you?" Hayley screamed, also reaching out for him. Ryan just laughed in amusement, and slowly walked over to loom behind me.

"Actually, I didn't. I didn't even know they were going to kill her," he stated innocently. I couldn't even see him; the sinister Ringleader was standing right behind me and I was too afraid to even move.

"They?" Jeff choked out, picking up on Ryan's use of words. His glasses were off, and he was rubbing tiredly at his eyes, getting rid of the salty tears that soaked his freckled face.

"Yes, they," Ryan snapped. He turned abruptly on his heel, and walked out of the door without another word, just like he had done after their first interaction. Jacob attempted to run out after him, anger written all over his face, and I honestly didn't blame him, because that's what I wanted to do last time.

Hayley buried her heart shaped face in her hands, and quietly cried again. Lily, Nick, and Tristen followed Jacob out through door into the hallway, and I placed my shaky hand on Jeff's shoulder to help lead him out.

Jacob was sitting slumped on the creaky wooden ground, ruffling his brunette hair. Ryan of course, wasn't anywhere in sight.

"Let's get the hell out of here," Tristen whispered, helping Jacob stand back up to his feet. Everybody weakly nodded but didn't move; we were exhausted and petrified and safe to say, confused. I took the first step forward, and soon we were all walking on in silence, down the dark, damp hallway.