Chapter 11: Parasite Eve

Chapter 11:

The Ringleader's POV:

Slowly I crossed out Lily's name on the chalkboard, smirking to myself as powdered white chalk sprinkled to the dirty ground.

These naive people were just too easy to freak out, all you had to do is show up every now and then and give them a pointless riddle or something. I already caught that Collin kid looking at this very chalkboard, which is exactly what I wanted.

I thought for a moment about everybody, and who I should circle to go next.

Smiling to myself, I quickly made my decision and circled the name, carelessly dropping the chalk onto the floor.

There was a shuffling sound by the door, and I looked over to see Harry, a little boy who died a horrible, tragic death about fifty years ago. He had been violently torn limb from limb, unfortunately living through most of the torture before inevitably passing away, only to be stuck here.

Grimacing at the ghastly sight of him, I looked at him sternly.

"Leave. Now." I ordered, and he bowed his head in respect, but before he left, he limped over and handed me a small tattered shoe box. I knew exactly what was inside the moment I took the box from him, and it excited me greatly.

Smirking, I quietly spoke out loud to myself, "Things are about to get a thousand times more interesting."

Cameron's POV:

I hadn't felt this good in months.

Not that I was happy that more people were trapped in here per say, and I certainly wasn't thrilled that more people were brutally tortured and killed, but in a sick twisted sense I was happy that I was no longer all alone with just my sister. I was elated that more people were here to help us all get the hell out, and I was excited that they appeared seriously determined.

"I... I think this is it," The one named Quil announced, sounding unsure of himself. He stopped walking and everybody else did too; Emily was walking directly in front of me, and she suddenly stopped, causing me to crash awkwardly right into her back.

Quickly grabbing ahold of her shoulders before she fell, I smiled as she looked up at me with her wide green eyes.

"Sorry," She muttered with faint embarrassment. I looked over at Tristen while he glared at me, and I had to hold in a scoff.

What the hell was that guy's problem? I couldn't figure out why Tristen seemed so resentful towards me, we've known each other for all of thirty minutes.

I shot him a look that said, 'what's your deal?' but he just narrowed his tired eyes to glare at me even harder. I shook my head in faint disbelief, before looking down at Emily again, and I smiled when I realized she hadn't pulled away from my hold yet.

"Yeah, I think this is it, I remember.... I remember the little girl," Collin stated, clenching his green eyes closed for a moment. I understood exactly what he went through; being in here for months has caused me to experience almost every tragic, torturous thing this house has to offer. At least, I liked to believe I'd already experienced the worst there was.

A cold hand suddenly touched my shoulder, and I jumped in shock while my heart instantly accelerated.

"Chill Cam... it's just me," Camilla said softly, removing her small hand from my shoulder. Letting out a deep breath I let go of Emily and turned to face her.

Camilla was everything to me now, being the older brother, I had always felt the need to protect her, but ever sense we got here the need has intensified.