Chapter 18: A Meeting Of Sinners

Chapter 18:

Emily's POV:

The elegant hallway still seemed suspiciously nice to me.

Cameron appeared to be thinking the same thing as he glanced around, before putting his hand gently on the small of my back to lead me forward without words.

We turned the corner, and I felt my heart drop into my stomach as I abruptly collided with a tall figure. I was terrified until I glanced up and noticed it was just...

Collin?

"Collin! Shit you scared me... Where is everyone?" I asked, pulling him in for an unexpected hug after feeling relief engulf me. Collin hugged me back but sniffled a little bit.

"Jays gone. We were walking and something got him, I didn't see it but... something got him and now he's gone," Collin rambled hysterically, shaking his head in shameful guilt.

"Maybe we should try to find him?" Cameron stated, looking worried. I nodded my head to agree. We silently walked down to the end of the elegant hallway.

"What happened to Jeremy?" Collin asked suddenly, looking around as if he was going to appear out of thin air. I swallowed a lump and shook my head, signaling something awful happened to him. Collin understood without words and stared forward again, his bloodshot eyes not blinking even once.

We trudged on; the hall was getting darker and creepier as we went further, but I guess that was to be expected. Cameron eventually stopped but I was in such a tired, hungry trance that I walked right into his stiff back.

Someone was standing there in front of us, with their back turned.

"Hello?" Cameron hesitantly yelled out to him, stepping forward to squint. The person turned around and I immediately screamed in shock; They had no eyes, just hollow sockets where eyes used to be. Dried blood was all over their dirty face, seemingly having dripped down from the empty eye sockets.

"Go... move!" Cameron demanded with a panicked tone, pushing me forward and to the side of the scary hollow man. He didn't move toward us, just turned to watch us leave even though I assumed he couldn't see.

After we passed him all three of us broke out into a hurried sprint, the only sound was of our feet pounding on the floorboards and of us breathing heavily.

It felt like I hit a wall when I suddenly hit the floor. I looked up to see Tristan looking at me with wide eyes before he reached down and helped me up.

"Oh Emily I'm so sorry! You have no idea how relieved I am to find you," He stated, hugging me tightly. Kylie was behind him, staring at Cameron with a strong glimmer of fear in her eyes that I didn't understand.

Tristan let me go but pushed me back behind him next to Kylie. He glared harshly at Cameron.

"Get away from her," Tristan hissed through gritted teeth. Cameron cocked his head to the side, clearly confused. I was confused too; what did Cameron do? Tristan wasn't even with him.

"And why should I do that?" Cameron asked calmly, putting his hands behind his back. Tristan glared harder, reminding me of the common phrase 'if looks could kill'...

Cameron would be dead if that was the case.

"Because I know the truth dude. You're here to kill Emily and me. You've been faking this whole time! I bet Camilla has too. You don't want to help us!"

Cameron appeared absolutely livid; I didn't know whether it was because Tristan accused him of having ill intent, or if it was because he brought Camilla into this, but his previously calm composure was long gone now.

"You're lying!" Cameron shouted, stepping closer to Tristan as if to challenge him. Tristan didn't appear intimidated though, he just smirked in response. He slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out a knife, which he must've gotten from the earlier room of weapons.

Kylie pulled me back as I watched the two boys, feeling absolutely shocked by their childish attitudes. Why were they fighting each other when there were so many other enemies to worry about?

Cameron glanced wearily at the weapon, shaking his head in faint amusement.

"What're you gonna do Tristan, stab me?"

"Maybe I'll kill you, before you can kill us," He responded to Cameron, gripping the knife so tightly that his knuckles were turning white.

Cameron grinned at Tristan and spoke one simple word.

"Try."

Tristan's smirk grew bigger right before he jabbed at Cameron, just barely slicing his side. Cameron acted as if he wasn't hurt by the knick, and quickly grabbed for Tristan's knife.

This was too intense, and I didn't like it. Turning to look away, I noticed Ryan looking behind us in the shadows, smiling sadistically. Someone screamed out, and I turned back to look.

Cameron was on his knees, desperately gripping his side with a pained expression. Tristan stood back, panting but also appearing as pale as a ghost. I ran over and crotched down next to Cameron, unsure of how to help or what to do. He looked up at me and shakily reached for my hand, which I willingly gave to him. I tried to forget about the hot, sticky blood now covering my hand, and focus on comforting my injured friend.

"Get away from him Emily!" Collin demanded, pulling me away from Cameron with a strained look on his face. I fought weakly against his hold, but the exhaustion and intense hunger I was feeling didn't help me escape, and I eventually gave up.

Cameron was bleeding out on the floor and everyone was just standing around watching. What the hell was going on?