Chapter 14: Childs Play

Chapter 14:

Emily's POV:

I landed on my empty stomach and it hurt like a bitch. My vision immediately grew blurry, which was not a good sign; I didn't want to pass out in this place, completely vulnerable to whatever horrors awaited.

Craning my head to the right I noticed Cameron also lying on the ground, staring straight ahead of us with wide, fearful eyes, and I felt a knot form in my stomach just from seeing his ghostly expression.

The vent collapsing managed to separate everyone, so I could only currently see Cameron and his horrified face from my peripheral vision, no one else was in sight.

Finally, I managed to glance forward too, and I could just make out the image of a small, terrifying figure, a doll. It was standing completely still like a doll should, but it was also staring down at us with rosy cheeks and a cynical smile that was frozen in place on its cracked face. Its little hands were wrapped around the handle of something, hiding it behind the doll's back like it was a fun surprise.

My body filled with dread once I caught a glimpse of it: a rusty, blood covered ax with a short wooden handle.

Even though my vision was heavily blurred, and my body ached, I was able to jolt back up on my feet and begin hastily grabbing Cameron's toned arm to help pull him up too. It was like I was hit with a shot of adrenaline, completely forgetting how sore my limbs were from painfully falling out of the vent.

Tristen was laying deadly still on the dirty floor behind where I had landed, and I felt my face heat up with panic once I finally noticed him.

He was completely unconscious, and right in harm's way.

Suddenly the dreadful doll began to quietly stalk forward, getting quicker with each tiny little step it took, and it's glossy, lifeless eyes were set right on Tristen.

Using all the strength I could muster, I hastily grabbed ahold of Tristen's ankle and yanked his limp body in an attempt to move him, just as the doll stopped right in front of us.

I held onto his pant clad ankle and tried not to make any sudden movements, as Cameron and I both held our shaky breathes in scared anticipation. We made eye contact for a brief moment, sharing a fearful expression as we waited to see what this doll was plotting.

The doll stared blankly up at me for a moment, before hastily pulling the ax out and swinging it down near Tristen's head. The ax just barely missed his face, probably trimming a few stray black hairs on his head it was so close, so I frantically began to pull at his limp body again.

"Cameron help me pull him!" I pleaded desperately, but it was like he was frozen with fear, unmoving and not even blinking as the doll stalked closer and closer.

The ax narrowly missed Tristen's head a second time, and I screamed out for someone to come help me, anyone, since Cameron appeared comatose.

Jeremy suddenly ran into the dark room and paused at the sight of the walking doll trying to carve up Tristen and I with an ax. His expression was one of horror, and I could tell he was completely caught off guard by the following events.

The bloodied blade once again just barely missed Tristen, but instead cut into the floor beside it, unexpectedly slicing Jeremy's foot as he stood frozen in fear.

He suddenly howled out in pain, and Cameron ran into the hallway just as I was finally able to get Tristen through the doorframe. Dropping Tristen's limp body, I went back and put my arm around Jeremy's waist, before he could collapse and fall victim to another ax wound.

He stumbled out of the room with me, and I managed to slam the door behind me, just as the ax hit the wood of the old, aged door.

The doll giggled girlishly on the other side.