Prologue

She was sitting on my lap. Okay she was straddling my waist, and she was leaning down to kiss me. I'd held off doing this with her for over three weeks, and now I'm finally going to kiss her. I sat up slightly and felt her lips press against mine, I felt amazing, her lips were so soft against mine and her body trembled to my touch.

I wrapped my arms around her, rolling us over never breaking this kiss. I didn't mean to go any farther than kissing her and she knew that so she didn't pull away. Wrapping my hand around her neck I pulled her closer to me deepening the kiss. She let out a soft groan, that turned into a whimper. I didn't mind that at all until I felt her trying to push me off of her.

I got off and saw that the entire area around her mouth had gone a deep and dark green. I freaked out and touched her again and I shouted for my mom, but my attention was brought back to her when she screamed. I turned around and saw that her arm was turning the same color as her mouth. I jerked my hand away from her as she fell backwards and started to convulse.

"MOTHER!" I screamed as she started to foam at the mouth. "MOM!"

I ran to the door just as it opened. My mother stood before me, she took one look at my girlfriend and screamed for my father to call an ambulance. She shoved past me and ran to my girlfriend, who was still convulsing violently on my bed. I fell back against the wall and watched as my mother tried to help. I buried my face in my hands.

"I didn't mean to I swear-" I sobbed as my mother tried desperately to find out what was wrong. "I swear i didn't mean to..."

~~~5 days later~~~

"Greg are you sure you don't want to come?" My mom asked me. "I think you should at least-"

"No mom," I said not bothering to look up at her. "It wouldn't be right for me to go. Since I'm the one that-"

"Greg for the last time you didn't kill her!" My mom said sternly. "The doctors don't know what happened, but you had nothing to do with it."

"Easy for you to say."

She sighed and said. "Well we're going to the funeral. We'll be back in about three hours."

"Okay," was all I said.

She closed my door and I listened to her walk down the hallway. Silently I listened to her go down the stairs and the door close, outside I heard the car start and drive away. I counted to 30 before grabbing my bag and the note I'd prepared. It wasn't anything special just the usual 'I love you & goodbye' thing. I went into the kitchen and put the note on the table before going out the door myself.

I walked up the sidewalk a ways before turning back. I studied the house for a long time before I finally turned around. Well this is it, I thought to myself. I'm actually running away. Who would've though a kid from a small Canadian town running away to the states. Oh well least there no one knows me, or will be looking for me.

AUTHORS NOTE: OKAY I GET IT! this sounds like xmen but trust me i wasnt even thinking about that movie when i wrote this. so can we just get over that please?? sorry if i sound like a jerk but ive gotten 84 messages saying that since i put this up and just needed to clarify that there are no similarities in this story besides the opening scene