Chapter 20: Ren vs Zane

All of the pack was 100% on board with rescuing their alpha and running the rival pack out of town. But first we needed a plan, and it needed to be fast. It had already been a full 24 hours since I had escaped, and there was no doubt they already knew I wasn't there.

"Okay," I said as I stood before the entire Dahlia Pack... minus the ones under 16 years old. We were all standing in the nearest park, and I stood ontop of the picnic table. "What we're going to do is, tonight, we're going to park a couple blocks from Michael's house and when we get there, we get out and shift. I will be giving commands. We will then storm into it, coming in from all sides. Attack any enemy wolves you see, but don't be predictable and be careful. These wolves are trained to kill, so attack single wolves in groups. Overwhelm them and take turns attacking until one of you can go for a kill-shot. Communicate so that two wolves go in for the kill at once and end up being the ones who get killed. Michael is in the basement, a.k.a, the hangout spot for the teenagers. I will be going in there for him, but I need backup. Who is willing to watch my back?"

A hand went up, and Daniel stepped forward. Another hand went up, and Silver stepped forward too. Two more hands went up, and then that was it.

"Alright then. Once we get Michael out and somewhere safe, we will go for the Winter Pack and offer them a chance to surrender. The ones who don't will be either killed or driven out," I explained. "Is that clear?"

Everyone nodded.

"Good. Now let's go get back our alpha," I said. I hopped down from the picnic table and everyone headed back to their cars. I climbed into Kimberly's Fiat 500 Abarth, and she led the way back into the town. Everyone parked a good distance from the house and I climbed out, dropping to my wolf form with Kimberly doing the same behind me. I waited a few minutes, and then thought to everyone, Is everybody shifted?

I got a chorus of yeses, and then I glanced back at Kimberly. She gave a slight nod and then said, Lead the way, alpha.

I got a tiny burst of confidence and started moving forward. Let's go everyone, I said. Be silent, like shadows. We don't want to wake the neighbors... just yet.

Four wolves came trotting over and I recognized Daniel and Silver and the other two wolves who had agreed to watch my back while I went in for Michael.

Sarah's with them, isn't she? Daniel asked.

I hesitated. Yes, she is. I think Zane manipulated her. I don't know if she'll come back to the Dahlia Pack after this, though, I replied.

Daniel looked away from me, and Silver brushed against him. At that moment, I felt like an idiot. Of course! Silver was in love with Daniel, and Daniel was in love with her. How could I have been so blind?

A nudge from Kimberly brought me back to the present and I shook my head. Let's go, I ordered again.

Daniel, Silver, Kimberly, and the other two wolves followed as we crept through the shadows and silently passed through backyards until Michael's house came into view. I looked around, and saw nobody standing outside. I could see slight silhouettes standing inside, moving around. They appeared nervous in their movements and I wondered if they knew what was about to happen.

Is it clear? I thought to everyone.

I got another chorus of yeses and then I tensed my shoulders and got into my fighting zone. I focused on the task ahead and gathered up all of built up anger and emotion. I thought about everything that had ever happened to me, everything that had ever pissed me off until I had a blazing fire of rage ripping through my body.