Chapter 1: Expelled

My alarm clock rang annoyingly, making my sensitive ears buzz in pain. I rolled over, grabbed a shoe, and chucked it at the clock. There was a loud crash as the shoe and the clock both fell to the ground and the clock's high-pitched ring cut off.

A few minutes later, my door opened just as I had started to drift back into sleep. "Renae! I swear to the moon if that was another alarm clock being destroyed I am going to rip your tail off," Mom growled at me.

"No, of course not Mom. I'm just on my period and that was my uterus being thrown at the wall," I growled back sarcastically.

"Knock it off with the sarcasm and get your ass up. You have school today," she replied, and then slammed my bedroom door.

I growled my frustration and flipped off the door, wishing it was her. I got up, cursing, and flipped on my bedroom light. I tore open my closet door and ravaged through my clothes until I was satisfied with a pair of black skinnies and an old Black Veil Brides t-shirt that I hadn't worn in ages.

I walked into my own little bathroom and began to tame my hair. I put on some eyeliner, then dark eyeshadow, mascara, and sprayed the shit out of my hair with hairspray. I coughed, knowing I had used too much, and then went back into my room for shoes and accessories.

I threw on my chains and smaller necklaces that complimented my heavier ones, my wallet-chain that didn't even have a wallet attatched to it, and then slipped on my favorite pair of All-Stars.

"Ren, move your ass or I'm leaving you here!" Dad bellowed.

I opened my door. "Is that a threat or a promise?" I called.

"Now, Ren," he called back.

I turned off my lights after grabbing my bag, cell-phone, and MP3 player. "Coming," I said and hurried out into the living room where Dad tapped his foot impatiently.

His nose crinkled at the scent of my hair. "Why do you put so much in your hair?" he asked.

"Because I can," I replied and strode out to the Dodge Dakota in the driveway, my chains jingling against my chest. I could almost hear Dad roll his eyes at me.

I climbed into the passneger's seat since I wasn't allowed to drive (which pissed me off to no end), and buckled my seatbelt. Dad climbed in next to me and started the car. "Be good today in school, Ren. If I get another call about a fight today, you won't be happy with me," he warned.

This time, I rolled my eyes. "I won't, Dad," I lied. I probably would, and it would either be with the school bitch, the school whore, or the school player. Those were three people who were on my shit-list.

He gave me a long look, and then he pulled out of the driveway and headed in the direction of the prison they so cheerily named high school. When we pulled up, I hopped out of the car without saying goodbye to Dad and walked into the building where my best friends and packmates waited. We were the only "pack" who let humans mingle with us. They were the only people in the school who knew about our being wolves.

"Hey, baby!" one of my best friends, Alice, said as she skipped over to me. She, like me, was a wolf. She was bubbly and sweet and funny, but if you pissed her off she would rip you a new one.

"Hey," I replied as she looped her arm with mine. "So, what's crackin'?"

She shrugged. "Nothing much. Just that the school whore is cheating on her boyfriend... again," she explained.

We sat down with the others as I began to fume. The school whore, Rebecca, decided to date my other best friend Lilly's ex-boyfriend. He had the fucking nerves to say that the Rebecca was better than Lilly, which was bull! I bristled at the thought and tensed. "If they're here today, I'm gonna beat the shit out of both of them," I snarled.