~29~ Making Breaking News

*Alexa*

"Jeremy you really don't have to keep doing this."

"But I want to." he said tightening his grip on my hand for a second as we strode through the hallways of school.

Ever since I got back to school yesterday (Thursday), Jeremy had made sure he had my injured hand firmly in his once we alighted the car.

It was super sweet and always earned him a kiss on the cheek from me and comments about how he was whipped from every guy.

"So you'll call?"

"Huh?" I asked in confusion.

He didn't get the chance to reply because someone shouted my name, Cheryl to be precise and she raised an eyebrow at our linked hands.

"Where have you been?" I asked her.

"My sister fell ill so I had to babysit her yesterday. Where were you two on Wednesday?"

"She fell ill and I babysat."

Her eyes widened dramatically and she immediately gave him the look indicating he should leave and after laughing and kissing me on the forehead, he did just that.

"Dish." she ordered before dragging me into a toilet that said out of use.

"We shouldn't be here."

"Which is exactly why we are. Are you gonna talk now or do I have to go through all the trouble of killing you and hiding your body?"

"Fine. I got ill and he babysat."

She slapped my head before glaring at me, "I think I heard that. I want the true story."

"I hurt my hand and he gave me this spot inducing cream so we would skip school the next morning."

She stared at me in silence before speaking, "I know we've not had much chance to become best friends so I get why you're withholding details."

We hadn't hung out even though we really liked each other. Underneath the whole tough girl act, Cheryl was insanely sweet like me.

"We can change that."

"Really?"

"Yep. I mean I haven't asked Michelle if it's ok but you can come over."

"For that sleepover we never had?"

"Kind of. My siblings and Michelle are going up to one of her mum's hotels for a week."

"A week? Why? Her mum's? Oh my God do you know how exclusive and amazing those hotels are?!"

I laughed and placed a hand on her shoulder to calm her down, "she said she just wanted to get away with us and know us a little bit more. And so I heard."

"That is absolutely awesome!!!"

"So? Will you come?"

"I'll try. Ask her first so I'm not intruding though."

"Will do." we linked arms and walked out of the toilet ignoring the weird looks we were getting and giggling.

When I got home after an incredibly long day, packed boxes were already in the hallway.

*Andrew*

"We'll be fine. You guys just have fun." I said as Michelle laid her head on my chest still worrying.

"What's going on?" Jasper asked and we both say up immediately as we saw him in the doorway.

He hadn't been home since Wednesday and after conveying through a look to Michelle to leave us be, she left.