Captain Save-A-......

Chapter 9

Damn, this bitch saved my life twice, was all Janice kept thinking about. Janice was still in awe two days after the incident.

Janice couldn’t believe it. She worked so hard to live a straight life with no drama so her best friend could see how good her life was now and the friend shows up…

Chardae informed Janice that Janice’s apartment wasn’t safe anymore because her brother and her were about to ran hell down on that block for that little stunt Butter pulled. It wasn’t really the whole block’s fault but a lesson had to be taught and Charles believed lessons should be taught so that they stick.

Janice understood and she ended up moving in with Chardae at a new apartment Charles had set up for Chardae. Chardae said it was too much room for her plus she had to be there to have her girl’s back. And that was the problem Janice was having. It felt like all those years of being on her own showing Chardae that she was an independent strong woman went out the window when Chardae in one night showed her she was completely defensive.

Chardae agreed to take Janice out to the firing range to learn how to shoot. Janice was going to prove to Chardae once and for all, she was able to take care of herself. Janice loved her friend but she still had to show she wasn’t a defenseless little lamb. Chardae seemed to not care about having her buddy’s back but Janice felt Chardae sacrificed freedom for seven years to have ‘her buddy’s back’ and it was about time things changed.

Charles had to put the word out that Butter was a marked man and if there was a reward out on his head. Thanks to the help of his cop connect William Street, there would be no interference when it came down to Willows justice. Butter had disappeared from the block. No one had seen him and that was true because it was too much money for someone not to snitch.

Chardae wasn’t worried about it. She knew Butter would have to show his face sooner or later. His boys couldn’t keep stashing him because they were doe boys and they depended on a connect that Charles knew personally and Charles had put the squeeze on them. The connect didn’t want any problems with Charles because he was cool with Street and Street had no problem setting down any illegal business he saw fit. The connect basically threatened them that he would stop supplying them unless they gave a location. Butter’s friends stayed loyal but the last place they did have him, they told him to get out. Butter resulted to staying in between different girlfriends’ houses but it was only a matter of time before they snitched on him and he knew it so he decided to leave town.

While Butter was on the run, Charles visited Monster in the hospital. Street came along with him. Monster was laying on a gurney with tubes all in and out of his body. The two gunshot wounds wasn’t fatal enough to kill him but it would have laid up for a couple of days until he was ready for to go to court for sentencing. Street had the room cleared for ten minutes while Charles talked to him. Charles got answers but not about Butter’s whereabouts.

Chardae started taking Janice to the gun range and got her a small Heckler and Koch small .22 automatic pistol to use. Janice cherished the gun, in fact, she named it Cherish.

Janice also started taking karate classes. She was preparing herself to Chardae’s equal not being Chardae being her espouse.

Chardae was loading up Kelly when Janice walked into the apartment one day.

“Hey, “Janice said looking at Chardae’s stern face. “What’s up?”

“I got to take a trip out of town,” Chardae said checking the clip one last time before slamming it into the end of her gun.

“I thought Charles had people…”

“This is a special type of trip.”

“Oh.”

Janice sat down in one of the chairs in the living room and looked at Chardae.

“You have to go?” Janice asked with concern.

“When you ever known me to be a bitch to back down when I have to do something?” Chardae asked back.

“Yes, but…”

“But nothing, you know I’ve been planning this with Charles for a minute,” Chardae said getting up and walking over to her suitcase that was standing by the door. “You know I can’t back out now.”

“You know it’s going to be dangerous,” Janice still had a worried face.

Chardae’s out of town trips always bothered Janice. Charles was really trying to expand his trade and his sister was an even greater asset to getting that accomplished than he could have dreamed. Chardae was smart and classy but most of all she was gorgeous. Guys that Charles went out to meet usually felt more relaxed with some sexy eye candy nearby. Chardae knew more about the business than most dealers did and wouldn’t let her brother get no sucker’s deal. Plus Chardae loved these trips out of town. It gave her a chance to see the world outside her neighborhood and explore her horizons. But Janice still always had doubts. Janice heard stories about other people trying to set up shop in other states and being set up and even killed. Chardae didn’t seem too worried about it. But then again Chardae never really seemed worried about anything.

“Just be careful,” Janice said trying to wipe the tear that was about to come down her eye before it showed.

“I’ll be good, champ.” Chardae assured. “Are you going to be good? When the last time you cleaned and checked Cherish? Remember what I told you.”

“I got it,” Janice rolled her eyes.

Chardae had been drilling in Janice’s head the importance of having a reliable gun because you never know when you going to need it. Janice had learned how to take apart her weapon, put it back together, clean it, and holster it and aim almost better than most people in the armed forces and law enforcement. Chardae taught Janice everything she knew like she was training Janice to be a killer. Janice thought maybe that was actually what Chardae was doing.

“I’ll be back,” Chardae said picking up her suitcase. Her brother was downstairs waiting in a car.

“Text me and let me know you made there safe,” Janice said as Chardae opened the door.

“Damn, you starting to act like my wife,” Chardae joked before closing the door behind her.