home coming-say hello to kelly

Chapter 6

The welcome home party for Chardae Willows was like an official holiday block party. It was actually called “Char Day” and the whole neighborhood was in attendance. If nobody knew who was Chardae Willows was before, they knew now.

Her brother, Charles, had the whole street block offed in her honor with police barricades and everything. Charles spared no expense in welcoming his baby sister home for good because in his mind, and hers, she was never going back to jail. Charles told her that he would never ever be visiting his sister behind bars again and he meant it. He informed her that she was no longer to play Lone Ranger and handle business herself. Charles let it be known that Chardae had goons now on her squad that was willing and able to handle any unsettled drama she may have with anyone. Chardae promised that she would never do anything to jeopardize her freedom again but that she still was a rider for her friends no matter what. It was in her genetic code the same as his. If someone they loved was in trouble, all bets were out the window.

Chardae was driven up to the block on the day of her home coming in a purple stretch limousine with the words BM spray painted on the front grille. Charles paid extra for that but he didn’t care. Everybody needed to know who they were dealing with now. Chardae was a Boss Mama and she was going to live up to the name and title.

When the limousine pulled up towards the police barricade, everybody stop partying even the D.J stopped playing his records. A police officer moved the barricade and the limousine drove in. Charles personally stepped out of the crowd and walked up to the back seat door. He opened the door and Chardae stepped up looking like the very essence of a true Queen.

Chardae had on a Dolce and Gabbana gold strapless dress with a design in the front. Gold Manolo Blahnik shoes covered her feet and a D & G clutch purse completed the outfit. She adjusted the Gucci sunglasses she had covering her eyes and pushed them up and gave that winning smile that could make ice melt. Everybody in attendance cheered and started clapping. Charles nodded his head and the music started up again.

Chardae was being escorted around by her brother meeting all new players in the game and to the workers that were going to be under her rule. He whispered in her ear how much he had expanded since she had been locked up. In fact her jail stint had been the start of his golden empire because cellmates that worked with Chardae inside, came outside and started helping him expand to other markets. He was getting powerful in the game but he still owed it to the teachings of their father and the business savvy of his little sister. Chardae took pride in knowing she helped him be who he was now becoming. But Charles wanted it to be known that he was nothing without his sister having his back. Chardae felt the same and gave him the biggest hug in front of the whole block.

Chardae noticed there was a lot of police officers around blending partaking in the celebration instead of hassling the dealers on the block like they usually do. Charles smiled at her notion and stated that this was a new era. The Drug War on the streets was called to a cease and underground peace treaties were signed. Charles had met up with many officials and did what many have did before him, made sure their pockets were laced so they would stay out of his. Charles kept his boys on a leash and the officials kept their boys in blue on a leash.

With police officers now longer needing to bust dealers to get ahead, they stopped caring and started relaxing. Once and awhile, a new officer could come on the scene and try to straighten things out but he didn’t last long and ended up being sent to some other precinct.