IX

RECAP

Taking a deep breath I resumed walking. 

I rung the bell and waited for ten minutes but nobody came. 

I knocked on the door and waited for another ten minutes but nobody came. 

Maybe they're not at home? I turned and started to walk but I found myself staring at one of the windows on the ground floor. The curtain were torn. I quickly went near it and looked through it. 

The torn pieces had red stains like polka dots. A cold shiver crept through my spine. Is it blood?

Did she suicide? I couldn't wait for an answer I broke into the house. Thank the heavens because the nieghbors didn't hear the sound. 

A foul smell crawled into my nose. I felt like vomiting at once. The smell seemed like something had been dead. 

Dead? 

I felt a lump forming in my throat. 

Dead? 

I felt my body sweating.

Dead?Dead?Dead? But how?

_--------------------

I covered my nose with my hands and resumed walking. The living room was messy. Suddenly I stumbled upon something, I looked down to find a Dog lying dead on the floor flooded with blood. I sighed. "Thank heavens." I went into the bedroom to find a girl who looked exactly like me sitting on the bed with an emotionless face.  

I froze. My hand reached up my face to touch the features. My sharp nose, my green eyes, my thin lips were on her face too. How could that be? Well, we're identical twins but I can't believe it. I poked and pinched myself and finally concluded that whatever I was witnessing was not an illusion. "God I gave up," I said in a not too loud voice and slowly walked towards Pink. Yes, Pink Laurel.

"Pink." I placed my hands on her shoulder and she shuddered immediately.

She spun around and screamed. I was terrified. She began to run to and fro in the room and hid behind a cupboard. I knew I was looking at the girl who shared my mom's womb with me, who lived with me for a few years, and most importantly who 's no longer a mentally stable woman.  That fact caused a pain in my heart. It produced a liquid in my dry eyes. I knew I'd collapse at any moment but I also knew I shouldn't. I should stay strong for her, for my mom, and my family.

I went to her and held her face in my palms. Tears of regret sprang down. I gently wiped them off. Suddenly, she fell unconscious. I sprinkled water on her face but it was of no use. I took her in my hands and carried her to the car. Thanks to Adrenaline, it always works at the right time. 

"Jesus Christ! Where will I take her?" I asked myself. I have to keep this secret from mom and my so-called Dad. I have a long journey to go and I've to plan everything out. It's racing against time Fuchsia!

By Jesus Christ's grace, a brilliant idea popped into my mind. "EMMA! yup, she's the one whom I can ask for help right now." I fastened my seatbelt and drove towards Emma Roslyn, an old friend of mine and Mr Micheal's only daughter.

Emma is a psychologist by chance and she runs a support group for traumatised. She's an active social worker. 

Emma lives alone near her support centre. I reached there in no time. Thank the heavens Pink is still unconscious. 

"Emma. Where on earth are you?" I screamed as I opened the door. I was supposed to knock but I forgot 'the manners' at that time. Emma came running down the stairs. I couldn't find words to talk so I grabbed her wrist and pulled her outside. Once she saw Pink, she had an instinct. She had a task now. To save Pink. To save MY SISTER.