Debut

April 14,2011

"It's okay Tae. At least you guys can see my debut." I said.We were sitting in my room watching TV.

"But we're going to be gone for two and a half months." he sighed.

Two months does seem like an eternity,huh? They probably won't even be back in time for his birthday. I sighed and tried to think of something to cheer him up.

"Maybe you can stay the night." I suggested. "I think you left some clothes the last time you were here." He nodded. I went downstairs to find Boa and Umma sitting on the couch. I didn't pay attention to what they were watching, but knowing Boa, she probably convinced Umma to watch The Hangover.

"Kkamshi*, get off your fat butt and get dinner started." I said as I came down the stairs.

"How about you stop being so lazy and start dinner yourself if you're so hungry?" she asked in return.

"I have company. It'll be rude to just leave him alone." I said moving around the kitchen going through cabinets to get the Oreos and the refrigerator to get a bag of grapes.

"Get moving you fat cow!" I said to Boa as I walked back to the stairs.

"Say it again brat!" she yelled throwing a pillow at me. I ducked causing the pillow to hit a vase and it almost knocked it over.

"Stop it you two." Umma said in her 'if-you-break-my-10,000 won-vase-you'll-pay' voice.

"Mianhae* Umma." we both said. I made my way back upstairs. Laying at the top of the stairs was Boa's cat Sarah. I almost didn't see her since her fur is as white as the carpet.

"Geez Sarah. I nearly killed you." I said to the pretty fat cat. She simply meowed at me and followed me to my room. I sat on the bed next to Taemin an put the Oreos and grapes down. Sara jumped on the bed as well and laid next to me.

"You guys are shooting the Japanese version for Replay, right?" I asked taking a grape.

"Yup." Taemin said taking an Oreo. "We're going to shoot Juliette and Lucifer in a few months." he said still a bit down. I laid my head on his shoulder.

~It's my job as a best friend to make him happy, right? So I made sure my performance was awesome just for him- and my manager, and Boa, and Umma. I performed right after U-KISS did 0330. No pressure at all. Boa kept saying things like 'Don't fall!'  or 'Don't forget your lyrics!' I should have punched her in her face. It was when the show was over that I got my biggest surprise.~

I was in my dressing room wiping off the rest of my make up when I heard a few knocks.

"Come in," I called. The door opened and Taemin came in. "Are you proud of me?"

"Ki, you were awesome!" he exclaimed as he hugged me. "I told you you would be fine."

"I couldn't help but be a little nervous;Boa kept scaring me! Where's everyone else?"

"Outside signing autographs and taking pictures."

"Well why aren't you out there?" I asked standing and putting on my jacket.

"I-I wanted to tell you something."

"What is it?"

I can read Taemin like a book and he seemed pretty nervous. He was blinking a lot like how he used to do.

"I...like you, Kiku," he finally said. "I like you a lot really. A lot more than a friend. You've always known how to brighten up my day. I think you're beautiful on the inside and out. Sometimes when you talk, I never hear half of what you say because my heart is usually beating too loud. I love being around you and I want to be with you."

I didn't know what to say after that. A confession? From Taemin of all people? It was definitely unexpected. I didn't think he'd ever feel that way towards me. I never realised how much I've liked him until now. I walked over to him and kissed his cheek.

"Let's meet up with the others," I said taking his hand and pulling him out the room.

~And that my friends was the start of a beautiful relationship. Too bad we couldn't actually spend anytime together for a few months.~