The Lair (#2)

As we descended towards the rim of the smoking volcano, I noticed that while the Wither was going down, it wasn't going any slower. And then I realized something.

We weren't landing on the rim of the volcano. We were going IN the volcano.

"Uh, there doesn't happen t-t-to be, like, la-lava I there or something, do-does there?" I stuttered.

No response.

I'm gonna take that as a yes

All of the sudden, my vision went blurry, then black. I was suffocating, and I couldn't manage to choke out the words "stop". I was melting from superheated ash and gas, and I was about to die.And then it was red, and I wasn't choking. But I was hotter than the sun. I screamed and yelled a cried. The pain was unbearable. And then it was... nothing.

We were in a small pool in an enormous cavern. Huge stalagmites hung from the ceiling, and diamonds and gold and every other ore in the game shone in the walls and the carpet and the roof.

And then there were the zombies. A hundred of them, just walking around. Some moaning to each other. Some dancing.

None paying any attention to me. I yanked out my sword in case of a fight. They all whipped their heads around to me and screeched. I sheathed my sword, and they went on partying.

And then there was a diamond throne. And atop it sat H man himself.

"Hello, Max." He said.

"Herobrine" I practically spit out the words.

" What brings you to my palace."

"Uh, you."

"Oh, yes, now I remember. Didn't I specifically say not to look for me?"

"Ummmm..."

"I'll take that as a yes, which it is."

"What do you want?" I said.

"Nothing, except your soul for eternity. No biggy."

I stared at him with my jaw dropped.

"But your friends will be ok, of course!"

"Yeah, sure.  And let's say you did take my soul.  How long would it take for them to break one of your stupid rules and you just kill them?  Or just pick them off really slowly?  Or just lead a whole attack after i'm dead and kill them all?  Huh, which one are you gonna do?"  I yelled.

"Hmmm... you know, I never thought of the 'pick them off one by one' idea.  I might use that!"

"HEY! DON'T YOU HURT MY-"

Something metal hit the back of my head and I crumpled to the floor.

"Sweet dreams." 

Those were the last words I heard before everything went black.