Others

I turned my head toward the thrower, still there in the tall grass. It slowly snuck toward me, and then stopped at the place where the grass ended. It stood there, as if it was examining me.

"Who are you?" It asked. I jumped with surprise.

"I'm Mark." There was more rustling in the bushes, and then I saw 7 more shapes move in next to the talking one. I turned around. 11 more. I heard whispering that almost sounded like arguing. Then they slowly closed in around me, and then advanced rapidly. I spun around again. I was now face to face with the thing speaking to me from the grass.

In the firelight, I could tell that the thing was a she. She looked about my age, and might have been my twin if she didn't have long, brown hair. She was beautiful. She looked me straight in the eye.

"What are you?" She asked.

I thought that was a strange question, but replied anyway. " I'm a human. What are you, an elephant?" She laughed sarcastically. The girl took one more quick glance at me, and then yelled in to the bushes.

"He's human!"

"Obviously! What else would I be?" I said.

"A monster." She replied. As she spoke, the people in the bushes stepped into the light of my torch.
There was about 18 of them, all around my age. There were 9 boys and 9 girls. Including me and the girl, there was 20 of us.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Tiffany"

"Can I call you Tiff?"

She sighed. "Fine"

"Do you know where we are?"

"No, I was hoping you might know."

"Well, I have a stupid theory that we are in a video game, but that's about it. Do any of your friends know? And where did you find them?"

"No, none of them know. And I have been going from hut to hut, gathering up people."

"Any adults?"

"No"

"Are there any more huts?"

"No, we found them all."

"Can we live in some of them?"

"No. They all blew up before we could grab anything. Whenever we tried to break something, the place would blow. We managed to salvage a crafting table from one of the wrecks, though. I see you have managed to find a few things, too. What you got?"

"I have a chest plate, an apple, a stone sword, and this torch." I realized the torch was still burning, and the flame wasn't getting any closer to my hand then it was when I found it(or when it found me).

"At least you have a few useful items. Now lets build a shelter."