Burning plank to the rescue

The plank was about to take my head of, but I dropped to the ground. I heard it fly by my head and crash into the ground about 20 yards away. I stood up, checked the sky for anymore falling objects, and then walked over to the burning piece of wood. I picked up the edge that wasn't on fire, and realized this could be useful.

Using the light from my makeshift torch to find a path, I set off(to where, even I don't know). The torch saved my life 17 times. I would be walking, and then there would be a cave or cliff in my path that I wouldn't have noticed without the light of my torch. Burning plank to the rescue.

As I walked, I ran into a few mobs. Nothing bad like an enderman, but I did run into a creeper. I decided to leave it alone. I heard an explosion that sounded similar to the explosion that happened when I kicked the bed, but I was sure that that place had already blown up. It had to be something else.

I thought it was the creeper, but I turned around and saw a big mushroom cloud about 500 yards away. I thought I saw something moving near the cloud, but I figured it was a mob. I ran as fast as I could toward the smoke, only stopping once to catch my breath. I was almost there when a shape whizzed past my eyes, cutting of one of my eyelashes. The object then hit a tree and stuck to it. Using the light from my torch to examine it closer, I realized what it was. A stone sword was stuck in the tree. I wasn't alone.