Devil-Slayer

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong to Hiro Mashima

Chapter 3: Devil-Slayer

"It was just a scuffle Silver.", Mika Fullbuster pointed out, "There's no need to make such a big deal out of it."

"How can you continue to be so calm about this. Mika?', Silver Fullbuster yelled, "The situation is getting out of hand."

"What do you want me to do, Silver?", Mika asked tiredly. They have had this conversation too many times lately. She was tired of it.

"I want Gray to stay away from Natsu."

"You can't mean that!"

"I do.", Silver tried to sound reasonable, "Look, I know that Mavis was your friend and you feel responsible for her kids but what about our son?"

"What about Gray?", Silver was treading on dangerous ground.

"What about his future Mika?", Silver argued, "Gray will be a Senior in the fall, He needs to get his grades up and apply to colleges. He doesn't need to be associating with someone that is only interested in beating him to a pulp. What college is going to want to take him with the amount of suspensions and detentions he's accrued this year?"

"Silver, Natsu and Gray have been friends since they were infants and after everything that boy has been through, Gray is the only lifeline he has left.", Mika yelled, "You are not taking that away from him!"

Gray lay on his bed his as he stared at his ceiling. He put his earbuds in and raised the volume of the music that was playing on his phone. He continued to raise the volume until he could no longer hear his parents yelling at each other. He thought about the situation that had started the fight in the first place and allowed himself a small smile.

[An Hour Earlier]

He and Natsu had been sitting in the Principal's office holding ice packs to their throbbing eyes.. They were both making a point of not looking at each other. The situation was not new to them. Natsu had probably spent more time in this office this year than in some of his classrooms.

In all honesty, Gray was the one who initiated most of their fights. He couldn't stand to see someone as happy and open as Natsu used to be look so damn dead. He kept trying to make him feel something, trying to get him back to the way he used to be but it was clearly not working and now he was worried that his father was going to demand that he stay away from Natsu.

Gray winced as he heard his father yelling at his principal, Makarov Dreyar. His mother was trying to calm him down but the words expulsion and restraining order were being thrown about. Zeref was nowhere to be seen and Gray could only imagine that Makarov had decided to handle the matter himself this time. He was Natsu's grandfather after all. He tried to get a look at Natsu's face to gauge his reaction to the screaming that was going on but there wasn't any. Natsu sat there like whatever was being talked about in that office had nothing to do with him.